From where should I study?
Which competitive and scholarship exams can I take this year?
- JEE Main: JEE-Main exam is for admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) as well as for admission to the dual degree programme of IIEST Shibpur. The exam is conducted mostly during first-second week of April.
- JEE Advanced: JEE-Advanced is for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Only the students selected in JEE Mains are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced. Over 200,000 students are selected each year. The exam is conducted during last week of May.
- BITSAT: BITS Admission Test or BITSAT is a computer based online exam for admission to Integrated Degree programmes of Birla Institute of Technology and Science at its Pilani and Goa campuses. The online exam generally takes place between 2nd – 3rd week of April.
- UPSEE: UPSEE (U.P. STATE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION) is the state level engineering examination of Uttar Pradesh. It is conducted during the 3rd week of April.
- EAMCET: Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test, commonly called as EAMCET, is an entrance examination required for admission to some engineering and medical colleges in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India. Many other colleges offering graduation courses like BDS, B.Pharm., BSc., Pharm.D., B.E, B. Tech, etc. require qualification in this exam. The exam is conducted during last week of May.
- MHT-CET: The Common Entrance Test is conducted by Government of Maharshtra for admission to First Year of Full Time Degree Courses of Health Sciences (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP, BP&O and BSc. Nursing, B.V.Sc. & AH) and Technical Education (Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Pharm. D.). It generally takes place during 1st week of May.
- AIIMS: AIIMS is the India’s top ranked medical institute with limited number of seats and hence is very competitive. Separate exams are conducted for different courses during the month of May and June after which counselling takes place.
- NEET: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India. The exam is conducted in 2 phases: phase 1 during 1st week of May and 2nd during last week of July.
- AFMC: The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is a medical college in Pune, India, in the state of Maharashtra. The college is managed by the Indian Armed Forces. Admission to MBBS course is on the basis of the NEET. This is followed by an interview and then after the final selection.
- JIPMER: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a medical school in India located at Pondicherry. It is a 2 and half hour online exam conducted during 1st week of June.
Other Competitive Exams
- Olympiads (IMO, NSO, UCO, IOM, IOS, NCO, IESO, etc.) There are several Olympiads organized by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) such as IMO, NCO, NSO and IEO. These Olympiads are held annually and are considered very tricky for students. Naming a few - National Cyber Olympiad, National Science Olympiad, National Mathematical Olympiad, National Merit Scholarship Scheme.
- NEST (Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test): At least 20 scholarships worth 25,000 each are provided to 20 toppers in the test. Certificates are provided to those who score more than 40%.
- SAT: The SAT (technically known as the SAT I) is a general test of verbal and quantitative reasoning accepted for U. S. college admissions. The test is required for admission to undergraduate programs of most US universities. Many universities also require you to take SAT-II tests.
- KVPY: The KVPY fellowship/scholarship programme, which is funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, is held to attract and motivate students across the country to pursue a research career and basic science education.
- COMEDK: COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka and is a state level Entrance test and floated by the Associations of Medical, Dental and Engineering private colleges for admissions to the Member Institutions. Post Results, first round of Counselling process is held as per the COMEDK counselling schedule
- VITEEE: VIT University had conducted VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) 2016 for granting admissions to various undergraduate engineering programmes. Admissions to its two campuses, Chennai and Vellore, will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE