What is AIIMS?
All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) entrance exam is one of the most popular and extensively competitive entrance examinations in the medical field in our country today. It is the gateway to a flourishing career in medical sciences, held every year on a national level. Only about 0.67 % students who took AIIMS 2014 exam were able to clear it.
Can I appear for AIIMS?
Eligibility for AIIMS, like every year, depends on 3 factors : Age criteria, Nationality and Education Qualification for AIIMS 2016.
Check your eligibility for AIIMS 2016 below.
- Year of attempt
- No. of attempts
Candidates born on or after January 2, 2000 are not eligible to apply for AIIMS 2016.
How do I register for AIIMS 2016?
The step wise procedure on ‘How to Fill AIIMS 2016 Application Form’ is given below:
- Select MBBS programme
- Select Application Fee and Payment Mode
- Select Exam Centers
- Fill up Qualification & Address Details
- Upload photograph/ signature/ thumb impression
- Submit and print the form
The application fee for AIIMS 2016 can be paid only via Online Mode i.e. Debit/Credit card and Internet Banking. Candidates must note that the offline payment mode/bank challan facility is not available for paying requisite examination fee.
The application fee for the exam is listed in the table below :
|Candidate’s Category||Application Fee|
|OBC (CL & NCL)||Rs. 1000/-|
What are the AIIMS exam dates?
|Online Registration of AIIMS 2016 Application Begins on||Feb 15, 2016|
|Online Registration of AIIMS 2016 Application Closes on||Mar 15, 2016 at 5 PM|
|Status of Registration including rejection / deficiencies in application||Mar 30, 2016|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application as indicated||Apr 8, 2016|
|Hosting / Uploading the Admit Cards||May 6, 2016|
|AIIMS 2016 Exam Date||May 29, 2016|
|Expected date of declaration of AIIMS 2016 Result||Jun 14, 2016|
|AIIMS 2016 Counselling Round 1||Jul 4 - 8, 2016|
|AIIMS 2016 Counselling Round 2||Aug 4, 2016|
|AIIMS 2016 Counselling Round 3||Sep 6, 2016|
|Open Counselling||Sep 27, 2016|
|ADMISSION AT AIIMS, NEW DELHI|
|Medical Examination of selected candidates||Jul 11, 2016|
|General Orientation of New Batch including visit to Ballabhgarh Community Development||Jul 12 - 14, 2016|
|Academic Programme (Classes begin)||Jul 15 - 31, 2016|
|Orientation Programme by CREST||--|
|Teacher Mentors Programme Interactive Session/Feedback session about orientation Programme||Aug 10 - 11, 2016|
|Resumption of Academic Programme||Aug 12, 2016|
|ADMISSION TO SIX OTHER AIIMS|
|Admission details will be available in the websites of the respective institutions. Officials from these institutions will be available at AIIMS, New Delhi during counselling.||Aug 2016|
What is the syllabus for AIIMS 2016?
- 01. Heat and Thermodynamics
- 02. Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- 03. Optics (wave optics)
- 04. Magnetic effect of Current and Magnetism
- 05. Wave motion
- 06. X-rays
- 07. Laws of motion
- 08. Electrostatics
- 09. Electromagnetic Induction & Altering Current
- 10. Electromagnetic Waves
- 11. Gravitation
- 12. Current electricity
- 13. Modern Physics
- 14. Dual nature of Matter
- 15. Atoms and Nuclei
- 01. Solutions
- 02. Electrochemistry
- 03. Chemical Kinetics
- 04. Chemistry
- 05. Isolation of Elements
- 06. Organic Chemistry
- 07. Chemical equilibrium
- 08. p Block elements
- 09. s Block elements
- 10. d- and f-Block Elements
- 11. Coordination Compounds
- 12. Alcohols
- 13. Phenols and Ethers
- 14. Aldehydes
- 15. Ketones and Carboxyclic Acids
- 16. Organnic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- 17. Biomolcules
- 18. Polymers
- 19. Mole concept
- 20. Chemical Bonding
- 21. Thermodynamics
- 22. Electrochemistry
- 23. Transition Elements
- 24. Chemistry in everyday life
- 01. Reproduction
- 02. Plants
- 03. Genetics and evolution
- 04. Biology and human welfare
- 05. Biotechnology: Principles and its processes
- 06. Ecosystem
- 07. Ecology and environment
- 08. Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
What is the AIIMS exam pattern?
The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. computer based test (CBT). The exam will be for 3 hours and 30 minutes conducted in morning and forenoon sessions. The online question booklet of AIIMS 2016 exam will have 200 multiple choice and reason-assertion type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. The exam pattern of AIIMS 2016 is mentioned below.
|Exam Date||May 29-2016|
Morning Session – 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Evening Session – 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test i.e. Online mode|
|Allocation of exam shift||Random|
|Language of Paper||Bilingual – English or Hindi|
|Types of questions||Multiple choice and reason-assertion based|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Distribution of Questions||
Common syllabus notified by the
Medical council of India.
Generally, CBSE syllabus taught at 10+2 level
How should I prepare?
- Begin with procuring the precise syllabus, study material, and exam details. This forms the basis of your studies over the period of your AIIMS preparation.
- Utilize the time to understand the concepts through NCERTs. Prepare flashcards for formulae and equations for Physics and Chemistry, and make diagrams and flowcharts to understand Biology concepts. These methods help you immensely while memorizing lengthy concepts. Once through with the concept, devote time for practice and problem solving. Practice as many sample papers as possible within the specified time to measure your knowledge and pace.
- There are 20 questions based on general knowledge in AIIMS exam. For solving these, you can read newspapers and watch news everyday for an hour to have the best idea of the latest events happening in order to get along with the General Knowledge part in the AIIMS 2017 exam. Other most recommended GK books for AIIMS 2016 include General Knowledge Today and CSR magazines.
- It is helpful to enroll in a competent coaching institute to strengthen you preparations. If you are preparing from home, solve questions on online learning portals. They provide mocks that will be extremely helpful in studying for AIIMS 2016.
From where should I study?
Here is a guide to finding the best books for AIIMS 2016:
Theory books :Exploring Biology for Medical Entrances (Volume I and II) (English),
Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I and II (English)
Objective books :Trueman’s Objective Biology for Medical Entrance Examinations
Theory books :Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnik and Walker,
Concepts of Physics Volume I and II by H.C. Verma
Objective books :Objective Physics for Medical Entrances Examinations (Volume I and II)
Theory books :Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th ( Volume I and II )
Objective books :Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips Chemistry (Class 11 + 12) (English) By MTG
Where can I find previous years’ papers?
Previous year papers are important to practice because they help you simulate the real AIIMS. You can find them here.
When do I qualify?
Selection will be made entirely on the basis of merit in the entrance examination and the choice of subject will be allocated on the basis of personal counseling.
|Category||AIIMS 2016 Cut Off|
|General including OPH belonging to General Category||50% which is equal to 100 marks|
|OBC including OPH belonging to OBC Category||45% which is equal to 90 marks|
|SC/ST including OPH belonging to SC/ST Category||40% which is equal to 80 marks|
What colleges do I get through AIIMS?
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- AIIMS, Bhopal
- AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- AIIMS, Patna
- AIIMS, Raipur
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
How should I discuss my doubts?
Asking doubts and clearing them is important while preparing for AIIMS. Toppr brings you a community who has survived the test of time and wants to help out a real AIIMS aspirant.