How to prepare for AP EAMCET with Toppr
Get your concepts right
To crack the AP EAMCET, you need to revise frequently. With the help of Toppr’s video lectures, you can do so with any topic at any time of the day.
They are taught by experienced teachers, and are available in Hinglish & English – covering all the concepts you can possibly think ofTry Now
The best students spend 80% of their time practicing questions, and 20% learning theory. Improve your skills by practicing only the right questions.
At Toppr, we customize them for you by gradually increasing the degree of difficulty – for it ensures a full coverage of the scope of the examinationTry Now
Get your doubts cleared
A doubt can weaken your foundation, or even reduce your confidence.
Don’t get stuck. Seek help immediately using our Doubts feature on Chat app. Here, you can get your queries solved 24x7 by a community of expertsTry Now
Take All-India Tests
All-India tests help you monitor your progress, and gauge how well prepared you are for D-day. On Toppr, you can compete with students from all over the country!Try Now
All you need to know about AP EAMCET
Facts, Syllabus & Pattern
- What is AP EAMCET?
- Syllabus for AP EAMCET
How to apply for AP EAMCET
- Eligibility Criteria for AP EAMCET
- Registration for AP EAMCET
- Exam Pattern for AP EAMCET
- Colleges through AP EAMCET
- Exam Dates
Results and Cut-off
- Cut-off for AP EAMCET
How to Prepare for AP EAMCET
- Preparation Tips for AP EAMCET
- Study Material for AP EAMCET
- Previous Years’ Papers for AP EAMCET
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts, Syllabus and Pattern
What is AP EAMCET?
The Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET) is a competitive examination.
- This popular examination is your gateway to Engineering and Medical programs in various colleges and universities within Andhra Pradesh.
- It is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada.
- Every year, about 2 lakh students appear for it.
- To calculate ranks, 75% weightage will be given to the candidate’s EAMCET marks, and 25% to the intermediate marks (ICSE, CBSE or Intermediate).
Syllabus for AP EAMCET
- Units and Measurements
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Motion in a Plane
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory
- Ray Optics and Optical Instructions
- Wave Optics
- Electric Charges and Fields
- Current Electricity
- Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Semiconductor Electronics
- Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits
- Communication Systems
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Atomic Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Equilibrium and Acid-Bases
- Solid State
- Electrochemistry and Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and its Compounds
- S-Block Elements
- P-Block Elements – Group 13 (Boron family) and 14 (Carbon family)
- D- and F-Block Elements and Coordination Compounds
- General Principles of Metallurgy
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques and Hydrocarbons
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds Containing Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Environmental Chemistry
Unit I: Reproduction
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
Unit II: Genetics and Evolution
- Heredity and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Unit III: Biology and Human Welfare
- Health and Disease
- Improvement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
Unit IV: Biotechnology and its Applications
- Principles and Processes of Biotechnology
- Application of Biotechnology in Health and Agriculture
Unit V: Ecology and Environment
- Organisms and Environment: Habitat and Niche
- Vector Algebra
- Measures of Dispersion and Probability
- Coordinate Geometry
- De Moivre’s Theorem
- Quadratic Expressions
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Partial Fractions
- Trigonometric Ratios and Functions
- Trigonometric Equations
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Hyperbolic Functions
- Properties of Triangles
- Product of Vectors and their Geometrical Interpretations
- 3D Geometry
- Measures of Dispersion
- Classical Definition of Probability
- Probability Distributions
- Transformation of Axes
- Conic Sections
- Limits and Continuity
- Applications of Derivatives
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equations
How to apply
Eligibility Criteria for AP EAMCET
Your minimum age should be 17 for B. Tech. Ag. Engineering, Dairy Technology, FS&T, MBBS and BDS courses.
The upper age limit is 22 for the general category, and 25 for its SC and ST counterparts.
You should be an Indian national, belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh. You must also satisfy the local or non-local status.
You should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics during your 10+2 examination.
Score in 12th grade (or equivalent) examination:
As a general category candidate, you should have scored a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- For reserved category candidates, the minimum aggregate is 40%.
Number of attempts:
There is no restriction on the number of attempts in this exam.
Registration for AP EAMCET
- Refer to the detailed User Guide for the AP EAMCET 2017 Application Form.
- Fill the online application form.
- Pay the registration fees via Credit or Debit Card, AP Online and E-Seva or Mee-Seva centres.
- Once done, take a print out of the form and preserve a copy. You are expected to hand it to the invigilator on the day of the exam.
|Details||File Format||File Size|
|Passport sized photograph||JPEG||Less than 30 KB|
|Signature||JPEG||Less than 15 KB|
Exam Pattern for AP EAMCET
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||160|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
- You must use blue or black ball point pens only.
- There is only one correct response for a question. More than one response(s) to any question is considered incorrect and marks are deducted accordingly.
- Electronic gadgets are not allowed in the exam hall.
Colleges through AP EAMCET
|Sr. No.||Top 10 Colleges|
|1||Anjamma Agi Reddy Engineering College for Women|
|2||Anwar-Uloom College of Pharmacy|
|3||Andhra Yuvathi Mandali School of Pharmacy for Women|
|4||Bojjam Narasimhulu Pharmacy College for Women|
|5||Bhojreddy Engineering College for Women|
|6||City Women College of Engineering and Technology|
|7||Deccan College of Engineering and Technology|
|8||Deccan School of Pharmacy|
|9||G. Naraynamma Institute of Technology and Science|
|10||GPR College of Pharmacy, G. Pulla Reddy Educational Campus|
|Commencement of submission of online application forms||9th February 2018||00:01 AM|
|Last date for submission of online applications without late fee||21st March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 500/-||22nd to 26th March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||28th March to 3rd April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||27th March to 10th April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for receipt of online applications with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||11th to 17th April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Downloading of hall-tickets from the website www.sche.ap.gov.in||19th April 2018||00:00 AM|
|Last date for receipt of applications with late fee of Rs. 10000/-||18th to 22nd April 2018||11:59 PM|
|AP EAMCET Engineering Examination||24th to 27th April, 2018||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM|
|AP EAMCET Agriculture and Medical Examination||28th April, 2018||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Both streams - E & AM||24th to 28th April, 2018||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Declaration of preliminary key||29th April 2018||00:00 AM|
|Last date for receiving objections on the preliminary key||2nd May 2018||5:00 PM|
|Declaration of ranks along with +2 Weightage||6th May 2018||00:00 AM|
Results and cut-off
Cut-off for AP EAMCET
The cut-off for AP EAMCET is 25% of the total marks for the unreserved category. There is no prescribed qualification score for SC/ST students.
How to prepare
Preparation Tips for AP EAMCET
Knowing how to study for AP EAMCET 2018 is imperative.
- Ensure Clarity of Concepts: Focus more on understanding basic concepts rather than just the formulae
- Manage Time Correctly: Some simple time management tips will ease your preparation. Keep an eye on the time taken to solve questions. A subject-wise allocation of time will help you attempt the paper within the given time.
- Accomplish Targets on a Daily Basis: Assign daily goals for yourself for revision, and fulfil them. This will boost your confidence for the exam and avoid wastage of precious time.
- Know Your Strengths and Weaknesses: If you’re strong in Physics but average in Mathematics and weak in Chemistry, then you can turn your weaknesses into strengths for a good overall score by focusing on improvement areas.
- Remember What You Learn: Due to the vastness of the syllabus, it is important to remember what you learn. Inorganic Chemistry, long formulae, some concepts - there’s much to remember.
- Study Material: Too many cooks spoil the broth. This adage holds true in the case of study material too. You must not experiment with too many sources and select only the reputed ones for the AP EAMCET 2018 examination.
- Sample Papers: Sample papers and previous years’ papers will go a long way in helping you crack any exam.
Study Material for AP EAMCET
- Physics for SEE – GBTU 2014
- Concepts of Physics (Volume 1) by H.C. Verma
- Concepts of Physics (Volume 2) by H.C. Verma
- Xam Idea Physics (Class 12)
- Tata McGraw Hill's Book for Physics
- EAMCET Chemistry
- Concepts of Organic Chemistry, by O.P. Tandon
- NCERT Books for Classes 11 and 12
- Concepts of Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- A Textbook of Physical Chemistry for JEE Main & Advanced
- Mathematics for SEE – GBTU 2014
- Tata McGraw Hill's Book for Mathematics
- Objective Maths by Amit M. Aggarwal
- IIT JEE Mathematics: 39 Years of Chapterwise Solved Papers, 1979-2017
Previous Years’ Papers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What colleges can I get admission through AP EAMCET?
Ans: After clearing AP EAMCET, you can get into the following colleges:
- Anjamma Agi Reddy Engineering College for Women
- Anwar-Uloom College of Pharmacy
- Andhra Yuvathi Mandali School of Pharmacy for Women
- Bojjam Narasimhulu Pharmacy College for Women
- Bhojreddy Engineering College for Women
- City Women College of Engineering and Technology
- Deccan College of Engineering and Technology
- Deccan School of Pharmacy
- G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science
- GPR College of Pharmacy, G. Pulla Reddy Educational Campus