How to prepare for BITSAT with Toppr
Get your concepts right
To crack BITSAT, you need to understand your concepts well. With the help of Toppr’s video lectures, you can get a clear understanding of any topic at any time of the day.
They are taught by experienced teachers, and are available in Hinglish & English – covering all the concepts you can possibly think of.Try Now
The best students spend 80% of their time practicing questions, and 20% learning theory. Improve your skills by practicing only the right questions.
At Toppr, we customize them for you by gradually increasing the degree of difficulty – for it ensures a full coverage of the scope of the examination.Try Now
Get your doubts cleared
A doubt can weaken your foundation, or even reduce your confidence.
Don’t get stuck at a doubt. Seek help immediately using our Doubts on Chat app. Here, you can get your queries solved 24x7 by a community of experts.Try Now
Take All-India Tests
All-India tests help you monitor your progress, and gauge how well prepared you are for D-day. On Toppr, you can compete with students from all over the country!Try Now
All you need to know about BITSAT
Facts, Syllabus & Pattern
- What is BITSAT?
- Syllabus for BITSAT
- Exam Pattern for BITSAT
How to apply for BITSAT
- Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT
- Registration for BITSAT
- Application Fee for BITSAT
- Exam Centres for BITSAT
- Admit Card for BITSAT
- Exam Dates for BITSAT
Results and Cut-off
- Results for BITSAT
- Cut-off for AP EAMCET
- Counselling for BITSAT
How to Prepare for BITSAT
- Preparation Tips for BITSAT
- Study Material for BITSAT
- Previous Years’ Papers for BITSAT
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts, Syllabus and Pattern
What is BITSAT?
- The Birla Institute of Technology & Science conducts the BIT Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) every year.
- There are four institutions that consider BITSAT scores.
- This university-level examination is conducted in order to provide admission to UG and PG courses.
Syllabus for BITSAT
- Units and Measurement
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Devices
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Hydrogen and S-Block Elements
- P, D and F-Block Elements
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Mathematical Modelling
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Nonverbal Reasoning
Exam Pattern for BITSAT
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Number of questions||150 (450 marks)|
|Marking scheme||3 marks awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark deducted for each incorrect response|
Note: If you finish the 150 questions in less than the allotted time, there are 12 bonus questions too. Remember that you have to necessarily attempt all 150 questions and can’t go back to them once you’ve taken up the bonus section.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English (Proficiency and Logical Reasoning)||25|
How to apply for BITSAT
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT
You must have compulsorily studied Physics, Chemistry and Maths in your 10+2 or equivalent examination.
12th standard or equivalent examination:
You must have passed the 12th examination of a 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State Board or its equivalent examination.
You must have passed your 10+2 with an aggregate of 75% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
You must have secured 60% in each of the three subjects.
You must be proficient in English.
Only those candidates who are appearing in Class 12 in the same year as the year of examination or have cleared Class 12 one year prior to giving BITSAT, are eligible.
Top rank holders:
If you are a top ranker or a candidate with Rank 1 in Central or State Boards in India, you will be offered admission to the programme of your choice; irrespective of your score or rank in BITSAT (as long as you meet the above criteria).
Registration for BITSAT
- Visit the BITSAT 2018 official website and click on ‘Apply here’ for BITSAT 2018
- Enter your basic details like Name, gender, DoB, E-mail ID and Nationality
- Enter your examination details like score, name of institute, year of passing etc.
- Choose 3 test centres, as per your preference (unless you choose Dubai, then you don’t need to select any other centres)
- Verify all the details and confirm your submission
- Note down your ‘Unique Registration Number’
- You can make a payment offline via ICICI Bank Challan payment
- Or through the online mode using a Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking
- Don’t forget to take a printout of your filled out application form for future reference
- Keep checking the BITSAT application form status to ensure that your application request has been acknowledged
- If you discover any mistake in the application form that you’ve submitted, you can edit or correct the form details till the first week of March, 2018
Application Fee for BITSAT
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Centres in India||Rs. 2700/-||Rs. 2250/-|
|Centre in Dubai||US $60 (Rs.4000)||US $60 (Rs.4000)|
Exam Centres for BITSAT
This year, BITSAT was held across 47 centres. Check the first ten names of BITSAT 2017 Exam Centres below:
|Sr. No.||Name of Cities|
|10.||Dubai Campus of BITS (International Centre)|
Admit Card for BITSAT
- The admit card is available once you have booked your slots for the entrance exam as per the schedule and available slots in any exam centre
- The admit cards were available from 15th April to 10th May, 2017
- You should preserve the admit card till the end of the admission process
- Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam centre
Tentative exam dates for BITSAT 2018
|Availability of application form||29th December 2017||00:01 AM|
|Deadline to apply||10th March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Correction facility of application form||7th to 10th March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Test centre allotment and announcement to candidates||15th March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Reservation of test dates and slot booking||20th to 5th April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Downloading of hall tickets with instructions||15th April to 10th May 2018||00:01 AM|
|BITSAT online tests Slot 1||16th to 30th May 2018||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|BITSAT online tests Slot 2||16th to 30th May 2018||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|BITSAT 2018 score||19th May 2018|
|Applications for admission with 12th marks and preferences||20th May to 30th June 2018|
|Admit list and wait list announcement||1st July 2018|
Results and cut-off for BITSAT
Results for BITSAT
The BITSAT 2018 Result will be announced online tentatively in the first week of July, 2018. BITS University announced the result for different iterations (Iteration I, II, III, IV and V) on different dates.
Cut-off for BITSAT
- The university prepares a merit list of candidates on the basis of the cut-off. Shortlisted candidates are then selected for counselling.
- The cut-off of BITSAT 2018 will be determined by various factors like number of applicants, number of seats and the difficulty level of the entrance test
- This cut-off varies from course to course and campus to campus. The cut-off of BITSAT 2017 is given below:
|Degree Programmes||Pilani Campus||Goa Campus||Hyderabad Campus|
|B.E. Electrical & Electronics||362||331||324|
|B.E. Computer Science||384||358||347|
|B.E Electronics & Instrumentation||345||312||313|
|B.E. Electronics and Communication||-||-||332|
Counselling for BITSAT
- Counselling will be held simultaneously for Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses
- Candidates who have topped from Central or State Boards have to apply separately for admission under ‘Direct Admission to Board Toppers’
- The BITSAT 2018 Counselling will be conducted for 2000 seats after the declaration of BITSAT 2018 result
- You have to register and fill up your application form.
- Submit your Class 12 mark sheet
- Enter your preference of degree programmes and institutes.
How to Prepare for BITSAT
Preparation Tips for BITSAT
- Practice is the key: Practice as much as you can. 70% of your BITSAT preparation comprises of practice. Toppr offers 1.5 lakh questions in our question bank to help you strengthen your concepts for each chapter.
- Clear all your doubts: Don't get stuck with doubts. Clarify them with Subject Matter Experts at Toppr to get an instant reply.
- Study from the best sources: NCERTs and several recommended books for the BITSAT are the minimum resources you need. Toppr offers the best study material from all over the web to help you prepare better.
- Revision is important: Maintain revision notes as and when you go through a formula or a concept in the form of bullet points. Revision will be useful when the exams are close and a good revision pattern will take less time. Normally without these notes, you would have to go through the entire chapter to understand the important points once again.
- Exam simulation: It is important to take mock computer-based tests to acclimatize yourself with the new interface.
- Pay attention to English and Logical Reasoning: English and Logical Reasoning are what make BITSAT different from other competitive exams. Hence, it is important to focus on these two subjects. Go through our guide to BITSAT English and Logical Reasoning section!
Study Material for BITSAT
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- D.C. Pandey books
- NCERT textbooks - Classes 11 and 12
- O.P. Tandon - Physical, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry books
- Numerical Chemistry by R.C. Mujherjee
- Differential Calculus by Arihant
- Integral Calculus by Arihant
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Plane Trigonometry by S.L. Loney
- Plane Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT 2016
- BITSAT Explorer 2016 by M.T.G. Editorial Board
Previous Years’ Papers for BITSAT
Previous years’ papers are important to practice because they help you simulate the real BITSAT.