What is BITSAT?
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, or commonly known as BITSAT, is one of the most prestigious examinations of the country for it holds the entry ticket to the undergraduate programmes of top ranking institutes of the nation for its qualifiers. BITS Pilani has its expanse over four campuses and all of them boast of lavish international facilities, to begin with. The colleges are enriched with a very high standard of teaching faculty along with a splendid placement record. These factors lay the foundation for its record of high rank among the top colleges of India.
Can I appear for BITSAT 2016?
Eligibility for BITSAT, like every year, depends on 2 factors : Year of appearing for 12th standard exam or equivalent and number of attempts made for BITSAT.
Check your eligibility for BITSAT 2016 below.
- Year of attempt
- No. of attempts
How do I register for BITSAT 2016?
Steps for applying for BITSAT form are mentioned below:
- To apply for BITSAT 2016 application form, candidates need to visit the official website of BITS: www.bitsadmission.com.
- Candidates need to register by filling mandatory details such as Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth and Email ID.
- Applicants need to login and fill in their educational qualification and other personal details as mentioned in the form and select their preference centre.
- After filling up the form applicants need pay their application fee online through Debit/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking.
|Male||Rs. 2200/-||US $50|
|Female||Rs. 1700/-||US $50|
What are the BITSAT exam dates?
Aspirants can check out the complete BITSAT 2016 schedule here:
|Application Form last date||Feb Week 3, 2016|
|Centre Allotment Announcement||Feb Week 4, 2016|
|Online Test Booking dates||Mar Week 1, 2016|
|Admit Card release date||Apr Week 2, 2016|
|Test commencement dates||May Week 2, 2016 onwards|
|Application for BITS admission||May Week 3, 2016|
|Seat Allotment/Wait List Round 1||Jul Week 1, 2016|
|Round 1: Last Date for Part Payment||Jul Week 2, 2016|
|Round 2: Admission Iteration||Jul Week 2, 2016|
|Admission List/Seat Allotment for Round 2||Jul Week 2, 2016|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||Jul Week 3, 2016|
|Round 3: Admission Iteration||Jul Week 3, 2016|
|Admission List/Seat Allotment Round 3||Jul Week 3, 2016|
|Reporting for admission dates||Jul Week 4, 2016|
What is the syllabus for BITSAT 2016?
- 01. Units and Measurements
- 02. Kinematics
- 03. Laws of motion
- 04. Impulse and Momentum
- 05. Work power and energy
- 06. Motion of system of particles and rigid body
- 07. Gravitation
- 08. Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- 09. Oscillations
- 10. Waves
- 11. Heat and Thermodynamics
- 12. Electrostatics
- 13. Current Electricity
- 14. Magnetic Effect of Current
- 15. Electromagnetic Induction
- 16. Optics
- 17. Modern Physics
- 18. Electronic Devices
- 01. States of Matter
- 02. Atomic structure
- 03. Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- 04. Thermodynamics
- 05. Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Electrochemistry
- 06. Chemical Kinetics
- 07. Hydrogen and s-block elements
- 08. Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- 09. Stereochemistry
- 10. Organic Compounds with functional groups containing oxygen and Nitrogen
- 11. Theoretical principles of experimental chemistry
- 12. Biological, industrial and environmental Chemistry
- 01. Algebra
- 02. Trigonometry
- 03. Differential calculus
- 04. Integral calculus
- 05. Ordinary differential equations
- 06. Probability
- 07. Vectors
- 08. Vectors
- 09. Linear Programming
You can also refer to our article for a detailed reference.
What is the BITSAT exam pattern?
- BITSAT-2016 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Each question will be with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches +3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of -1 mark.
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No. of questions|
|Part III||English Proficiency||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
How should I prepare?
A decent BITSAT score is generally above 320 and considered exceptional above 350. Scores of such caliber are required to grab the top branches. From my experience, I enlist a few BITSAT tips and tricks which enhanced my score and a few which could have improved it even more:
- Shorter but Trickier questions - While gearing up for BITSAT 2016, don’t waste time solving lengthier questions, but root for questions which are more concept based. You must have all formulas and equations (algebraic and chemical alike) on your fingertips.
- Strenuous time management - The most important out of all the BITSAT tips and tricks is and most efficient is time management. Only those who are able to solve questions accurately and quickly are the ones who grab the baton.
- Dividing time for separate questions - Of the three hours of the examination, spend no more than half an hour on Chemistry so that you can devote more time to other sections.
- Exam Simulation - The lack of being capable to refer to any question of choice makes online tests especially challenging. Preparing yourself for such last minute alterations must be done well before hand.
- Bonus Questions - BITSAT is the only examination amongst all its contemporaries which provides its candidates with bonus questions. Along with the sum total of 150 questions, it allows students to attempt an extra 12 questions.
- Negative Marking - The BITSAT examination provides you with a negative ¼ marks for every wrong answer. Compared to a complete negative mark for wrong answers in JEE, this may seem minute, but given the large number of questions, it cannot be ignored. Hence, do not answer without being confident about it.
- Give English its credit - You should keep in touch slightly with easy grammar rules well before the examination, preferably along with your preparation.
From where should I study?
Given below are the elite BITSAT books which are based on BITSAT latest syllabus. These books feature quality questions, tips & tricks and sample papers. Moreover, these BITSAT books can help you clear the examination with flying colours.
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov.
- Concepts of Physics (both volumes) by HC Verma.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker.
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon.
- Numerical Chemistry by R.C. Mukherjee.
- Chemistry for class XI, XII NCERT Text Book.
- Organic Chemistry by M. S. Chauhan.
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight.
- Algebra by Arihant Publication.
- Differential Calculus by Arihant Publication.
- Integral Calculus by Arihant Publication.
- Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney.
- Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S. L. Loney.
Special BITSAT books:
- Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT 2016 by Arihant Publication
- BITSAT Explorer 2016 by MTG Editorial Board
Where can I find previous years’ papers?
Previous year papers are important to practice because they help you simulate the real BITSAT. You can find them here.
Which colleges do I get through BITSAT?
The campuses of Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani – Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani accept admission based on BITSAT scores. Admission to Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Dubai Campus is solely based on scores in the 12th standard qualifying exam. Although the BITS Pilani - Dubai campus was established for the educational requirements of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, admission is open to students of all nationalities.
How should I discuss my doubts?
Asking doubts and clearing them is important while preparing for BITSAT. Toppr brings you a community who has survived the test of time and wants to help out a real BITSAT aspirant.