The Consortium of Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) organizes COMEDK UGET, a state-level entrance exam to provide admission to undergraduate courses in the field of medical, dental and engineering. However, from 2017, COMEDK will be held only to grant admissions to engineering and architecture courses, i.e. B. Tech. and B. Arch. Currently, about 150 engineering colleges representing 20,000 seats are affiliated to COMEDK and will grant admission to undergraduate programmes during the academic year 2017-18.
The COMEDK 2017 examination was scheduled on 14th May 2017 for admission to undergraduate engineering courses and applications for the same started in the month of February.
For UG Engineering
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination as 10+2 from a recognized state or central board. The last two academic years should have comprised of PCM, with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates in the General category must have passed the qualifying examination with a minimum aggregate of at least 45% in PCM (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects, along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- Diploma holders are not eligible to apply as there are no lateral entry admissions.
For UG Architecture Courses
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to the B. Arch. course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects, along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by the Central or State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- Candidates must have appeared for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), conducted by the Council of Architecture, with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to the B. Arch. course.
- Candidates seeking admission to the B. Arch. course shall submit a separate application form for counselling, as per the notification on COMEDK website (will be made available before counselling).
Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply for UGET’. Click on ‘Register for COMEDK UGET’ and click on the tab ‘here’ for a new registration. The registration form will then be displayed. You need to fill in your basic details and click on ‘Submit’. Make a note of the registration number for future reference purposes and logout.
Upon successful registration, you will receive your ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ on your Mobile Number and Email ID, which is unique & system generated.
You are advised to keep the following documents ready, in digital form, before filling the COMEDK 2017 Application Form:
- Photograph: Must be recent and in colour with a full face view. The forehead, eyes, nose and chin of the candidate must be clearly visible. (Specifications: 30x45 mm, 80 kb, and .jpeg format).
- Candidate Signature: Must be in black pen on white paper and scanned. (Specifications: 35x80 mm, 80 kb, and .jpeg format).
- Father’s or Guardian’s Signature: Same specifications as the Candidate’s Signature.
- Candidate’s Unique Id Proof: (Specifications: 35x80mm, 80 kb, and .jpeg format) Passport (first & last page), Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Pan Card, Driving License, School or College Photo ID, and Certificate of the Principal.
After completing the registration process as mentioned earlier, candidates can perform the following steps to fill in the COMEDK 2017 Application Form:
- Log in with your ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ to complete the application process. Click on ‘Edit’ (Right-hand top corner) to be directed to the application form.
- Now fill in your Personal Details, Address, Category, Academic Information and Preference of Exam Centre.
- Upload the scanned images of your Photograph, Signature, ID Proof, Father’s or Guardian’s signature and Declaration Certificate.
Once you’ve completed all the aforementioned steps, you can pay the COMEDK 2017 Application Fee (Rs. 1200 for PCB and PCM) through Credit or Debit Card, Net Banking or Challan. The Transaction ID displayed after the payment must be noted down by candidates for future reference purposes. Make sure you keep a printout of the Application Form as well.
|COMEDK 2017 Exam Event||Dates|
|Start Date of Application Form||13th February, 2017|
|Mock Test Available Online||20th February, 2017|
|Last Date for Applications||20th April 2017|
|Admit Card Downloading||5th May to 13th May, 2017|
|Engineering Exam Date||14th May, 2017|
|Publication of Provisional Answer Key||18th May, 2017|
|Last Date for Receiving Challenges to Answer Keys||22nd May, 2017|
|Publishing of Final Answer Keys||26th May, 2017|
|Scorecards to be Released||29th May, 2017|
|Counselling||Last Week of June, 2017|
COMEDK 2017 was scheduled for the 14th of May, 2017. Given below is the schedule of the examination:
- COMEDK 2017 is a Computer Based Test that was conducted on 14th May, 2017 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Candidates are required to report 2 hours before the commencement of the exam i.e. 8:00 am.
- The examination hall will be opened 60 minutes before the commencement of the exam. Candidates must take their allotted seats immediately so as not to miss on some general instructions.
- The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9:30 am.
- If a candidate is unable to appear on the scheduled date of the examination, a re-examination will not be conducted by COMEDK under any circumstances.
- 01.Physical World and Measurement
- 03.Laws of Motion
- 04.Work, Energy and Power
- 05.Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- 07.Properties of Bulk Matter
- 09.Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- 10.Oscillations and Waves
- 12.Current Electricity
- 13.Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- 14.Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- 15.Electromagnetic Waves
- 17.Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- 18.Atoms and Nuclei
- 19.Electronic Devices
- 20.Communication Systems
- 01.Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- 02.Structure of Atom
- 03.Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- 04.Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- 05.States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- 06.Chemical Thermodynamics
- 08.Redox Reactions
- 10.S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- 11.P-Block Elements
- 12.D- and F-Block Elements
- 13.Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- 15.Environmental Chemistry
- 16.Solid State
- 19.Chemical Kinetics
- 20.Surface Chemistry
- 21.General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- 22.Coordination Compounds
- 23.Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- 24.Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- 25.Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- 26.Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- 30.Chemistry in Everyday life
Sets, Relations and Functions
- Relation and Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- 02. Algebra
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Applications of Derivatives
- Applications of the Integrals
- Differential Equations
- 05. Mathematical Reasoning
- 06. Statistics and Probability
- 07. Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry
- 08. Linear Programming
|Subject||No. of Questions|
- The COMEDK 2017 Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in English language only.
- One mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. In the event of a tie in the test score, the principle of least negative responses will be adopted to break the tie.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, out of which 2 hours are allotted for Physics and Chemistry papers and 1 hour is allotted for the Mathematics paper.
- The COMEDK 2017 Question Paper is worth a total of 180 marks.
- Make a Time Table: Before you start preparing for COMEDK 2017, make sure you’re familiar with the syllabus and the pattern of the examination. Now, make a study schedule in a way that lets you allocate equal time to all subjects. Put more emphasis on areas you’re weak at and try to improve on them.
- Strengthen Fundamental Concepts: Start from the basics and don’t move on to the advanced level until you get the fundamentals right. Once you’re thorough with the basic principles, any problem can be solved by applying them. Moreover, if you directly attempt advanced problems and fail at them, it would lead to a loss of confidence and morale.
- Practice Diligently: Regular practice is a must to do well in the COMEDK 2017 examination. Subjects like Mathematics need continuous practice and you may not be able to solve the same problem if you take a break from it. Regular practice will also lead to an increase in your speed and accuracy, which are a must to succeed at competitive exams. Toppr provides you the perfect solution to your need for new practice questions. Check out Toppr’s question bank, where questions will be put forward to you in a logical sequence of concepts.
- Solve Previous Years’ Papers: Make sure you take enough mock tests and practice previous years’ papers as much as you can. Doing the latter will help you understand the type of questions asked and the total time taken to solve them. Simulating the exam environment will also make you aware of your strengths and weaknesses. If you’re taking more time in a particular section, then you can strengthen that section for a better score in the examination.
- Join a Coaching Class: It’s a good idea to join a coaching class to prepare for COMEDK. A coaching class provides you with the right environment, proper guidance, and the tips and tricks to succeed at COMEDK. You can fast track your learning by completing all the topics in time, making and comparing notes with fellow students, clearing your doubts with teachers etc. A coaching class also provides an objective assessment of your progress.
- Physics for CET and COMEDK by S. Dashrathi
- Aptitude Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by BASE (2nd Edition)
- NCERT Textbooks for Class 11th and 12th
- Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by BASE
- Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by Dr. Somar Maruti H.
- IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal
- NCERT Textbooks for Class 11th and 12th
- Algebra Made Easy by K.P. Basu
- Maths XI and XII by R.D. Sharma
- Mathematics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by BASE
- NCERT Textbooks for Class 11th and 12th
Previous year's papers
It is extremely important to diligently solve COMEDK Previous Year’s Papers, as this helps you understand the exam pattern and improve your speed and accuracy in solving the problems; which is of paramount importance for success. You can solve them from the links given below:
Solving sample papers and COMEDK Mock papers is mandatory if you want to stay ahead of the competition at COMEDK 2017. Solving sample papers helps you anticipate what questions to expect and also improves your time management skills in the actual exam. By practising sample papers, you can judge your level of preparations for COMEDK 2017.
The Hall Ticket or Admit card or Online Test Admission Ticket for COMEDK UGET 2017 contains the following important information about the candidate:
- Candidate’s COMEDK 2017 Registration Number
- Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT)
- COMEDK 2017 Application Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photograph and Digital Signature
- Candidate’s Postal Address and Contact Details
- Test Centre Details
- Unique Photo ID Proof Details
- Test Timings
- Provision for Sticking Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- General Instructions
It’s mandatory for all candidates to carry the Admit Card to the exam hall. No candidates are allowed to take the test without one. Candidates can download their Admit Card by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official COMEDK website
- Log in with your ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’
- Click on the ‘Download COMEDK Admit Card’ tab
- Download the Admit Card and keep multiple printouts of the same for future reference purposes
The COMEDK 2017 Admit Card is an important document and must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling and admission.
More than 150 Institutes will grant admission to candidates on the basis of the COMEDK 2017 cut-offs, which will vary according to the branch, college, and category of the candidate. The COMEDK 2017 cut-off will also depend on various factors such as number of candidates, availability of seats, difficulty level of the question paper etc.
The COMEDK UGET 2017 Rank List is generated at the end of May; and is based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance test.
In the event of a tie in the scorecard, the following method is applied to break the tie.
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is taken into account
- If the tie still persists, the candidate securing higher aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics is assigned a higher rank
- If the tie is still not broken, the candidate with higher marks in Mathematics is assigned a higher rank
- As a last resort to break the tie, the elder candidate is given a higher rank
The COMEDK 2017 Rank Predictor is an easy tool which is used to know the estimated rank of the candidate. This tool helps the candidates predict their probable rank secured in the entrance exam after it’s over. A candidate’s rank is calculated on the basis of marks expected in the exam. Candidates can check the following table to get an idea of the possible rank they might get based on the analysis of their score, as calculated from the Answer Key.
|COMEDK 2017 Marks Range (PCM)||Expected Rank|
|160 – 179||1 – 10|
|150 – 159||11 – 50|
|140 – 149||51 – 150|
|130 – 139||151 – 400|
|120 – 129||401 – 900|
|110 – 119||901 – 1800|
|100 – 109||1801 – 3300|
|90 – 99||3301 – 5700|
|80 – 89||5701 – 9200|
|70 – 79||9201 – 14700|
|60 – 69||14701 – 23200|
|50 – 59||23201 – 35500|
|40 – 49||35501 – 43500|
|30 – 39||43501 – 45200|
|20 – 29||45201 – 49800|
The provisional Answer Key for COMEDK UGET 2017 was made available online on 18th May, 2017. Candidates had to first login to access the COMEDK UGET 2017 Answer Key, download it and compare their answers with it. In case, they wished to file any objections, they had to submit the same in writing to the authorities by May 22nd, 2017. The final COMEDK UGET 2017 Answer Key was released on May 26th, 2017, after considering the objections and challenges filed by candidates.
Candidates can challenge it by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Candidates need to log in with their User ID and Password and fill the query in the challenge form provided online.
- Candidates have to clearly indicate their grievance(s) with all the necessary enclosures.
- Clarification regarding the provisional Answer Key should be submitted online in the format made available; with a fee of Rs. 500 per clarification to be paid online only.
- Only if the clarification sought is upheld, will the money be fully refunded after the COMEDK UGET 2017 process is completed.
- Any request for clarification of the provisional Answer Key beyond the last date, as stipulated in calendar of events, will not be entertained.
Candidates must note that seeking clarification is only for the provisional Answer Key. Such clarifications are not entertained for the Final Answer Key, Test Scores and thereafter the Rank. Any clarifications or verifications sought by applicants will be put forth to COMEDK’s Academic Committee for consideration and the decision given by the committee shall be final and binding on all.
The examination authority, COMEDK, declares the COMEDK UGET 2017 Results at the end of May. This result is generated on the basis of the entrance test scores. Candidates can check their Result and Rank by entering their registered Email ID and Date of Birth. The examination authority will then conduct counselling, based on the Rank List for the allotment of around 20,000 B. Tech. seats in member institutions of COMEDK.
Here are some important pointers about the COMEDK 2017 Result:
- The COMEDK 2017 result is declared on 29th May, 2017.
- The is declared in online mode only.
- Candidates can download their COMEDK 2017 Score Card by logging in with their User ID and Password.
- No hard copy of the scorecard will be issued to qualifying candidates.
- The COMEDK UGET 2017 Scorecard will carry the marks obtained by candidates in the entrance test, with their percentile in each section.
The COMEDK 2017 Counselling will be held on the basis of the merit list prepared for COMEDK UGET 2017. Candidates placed higher in the merit list will be called first for counselling. The seats will be allotted through a centralised single-window counselling session, conducted by COMEDK at Bangalore. Qualified candidates will be notified about the availability of seats for each category and the corresponding fee structure before counselling. For the benefit of candidates, the counselling procedure has been explained below:
- Verification and Submission of Documents: The candidates must carry originals of all essential documents and their photocopies with them. They must also carry the Demand Draft for fee payment. Photocopies must be submitted to the person at the verification counter, who will check them against the originals for any irregularity.
- Registration: The candidate must undergo the biometric, signature and photo verification process. Post verification, a registration slip will be issued to the candidate. The candidate then needs to fill the Demand Draft details and choose a course.
- Seat Allotment: Counselling will be conducted in multiple sessions. Each candidate will be notified of a schedule, depending on the rank he or she obtained in COMEDK 2017. Candidates ranked higher in the merit list will get priority over lower ranked candidates in the counselling process. During counselling, the number of seats available for a course or college will be projected and constantly updated on a large screen so that candidates can decide from the remaining seats and colleges.
- Payment of Fees: Once the document verification process is over, the candidate has to submit photocopies of all essential documents and the Demand Draft, which should be drawn at any Nationalised Bank in favour of COMEDK (TAT No. XXXXXX), payable at Bangalore for Rs. 55,000. The remaining balance of the tuition fee has to be paid to the college assigned for admission on the reporting day. After seat allotment, the candidate has to deposit the draft at the bank and obtain the fee receipt and the allotment letter, containing security features. The candidate must preserve the allotment letter carefully, because no duplicate letter will be issued if it is lost or damaged.
The candidate must carry the following documents when reporting at the college for admission:
- Allotment Letter, issued by COMEDK
- Original documents submitted at the time of counselling
- Transfer Certificate, issued by the Institution last studied at
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- A copy of the Online Application Form
- Candidate’s Photo Identity proof
- Identity proof of Parent or Guardian accompanying the candidate
- COMEDK UGET – TAT Card
- COMEDK UGET – Rank Card
- 10th Standard or SSLC or School Leaving Certificate
- 12th standard or 2nd PUC or equivalent qualifying examination Marks Card
- Demand Draft, drawn only from nationalized banks in favor of ‘COMEDK’; indicating the Test Admission Ticket Number
- Caste certificate for SC, ST and OBC candidates
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region status should produce a certificate confirming it
There are 14 medical and 23 dental colleges under COMEDK 2017. Admission to these institutes will be offered on the basis of the candidate’s NEET 2017 score. It is expected that COMEDK MBBS 2017 seat allotment will commence in the month of July 2017. The selected candidates will need to opt for the college and course as per the rank order. Based on the choices exercised and merit positions, seats will be allotted to qualified candidates.
There are over 150 engineering institutes in the state of Karnataka that will grant admission to qualifying candidates in the COMEDK UGET 2017 examination.
Some of the top participating colleges for COMEDK 2017 are:
- R.V College of Engineering
- BMS College of Engineering
- PES University
- M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- Bangalore Institute of Technology
- Sir M Visveraya Institute of Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology
- Acharya Institute of Technology
- ACS College of Engineering
- Alpha College of Engineering
- Alva’s Institute of Engineering and Technology
- AMC Engineering College
- Appa Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Angadi Institute of Management and Technology
- Amruta Institute of Engineering and Management Sciences
- St. Joseph Engineering College
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology
- Reva Institute of Technology and Management
- Maharaja Institute of Technology
Asking doubts and clearing them are important while preparing for COMEDK 2017. Toppr brings you a community who has survived the test of time and wants to help out COMEDK aspirants. When doubts arise, raise questions to your teachers and friends. It is always a good practice to share your doubts. You can also discuss them on the Toppr forum.
- How should I reduce calculation errors?
- What are some of the best study techniques I can use?
- Along with COMEDK, I need to handle 12th standard as well. Where can I find all information for that? And what are the other exams I should give in 12th?
- I am a repeater. Which exams can I attempt, now that I don’t have the burden of the 12th board?
- What are some of the top engineering colleges I can get into through COMEDK?
- Is the second round of Counselling for COMEDK worth it?
- How do I prepare for COMEDK in the final 3 months?
Candidates appearing for the COMEDK 2017 examination may have several queries, ranging from important dates to specific questions about the exam process. They can refer the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to clarify any doubts they face during any stage of the examination.
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: What computer knowledge is required to appear for the Computer Based Test mode?
Ans: The candidate needs to know how to operate the computer’s mouse and keyboard.
Q2: What will happen in case there is some problem in the computer during the examination?
Ans: There will be enough buffer systems available at the examination centre to take care of such problems and any time lost in the change of system will be duly taken care of, as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
Q3: Can I change my answer during the exam?
Ans: You can change your answer any number of times before completing the session for the exam online.
Q4: If I have 5 clarifications in the provisional Answer Key, do I have to make an online payment of Rs. 500 or Rs. 2500?
Ans: You have to make an online payment of Rs. 2500 (Rs.500 per clarification) along with the submission of relevant details, as mentioned in the online form.
Q5: I cannot view the ‘Submit’ or ‘Save’ button in the online application form. What should I do?
Ans: Please check the version of the browser you are currently using. Kindly use Internet Explorer (version 7 to 11), Mozilla Firefox (version 14 to 34) or Google Chrome (version 20 to 36) to fill the Application Form. Also clear your browsing history and cache and retry.
For a detailed list of FAQs, you may refer the COMEDK 2017 Official Brochure.
That's all you need to know about the COMEDK 2017 examination. For more such informative articles, follow us on Toppr.
Learn how Toppr helps students to perform their best.
Practice more questions
Get access to 3 Lakh+ questions with hints and solutions curated by rankers and academic experts.
Stay ahead of the competition.
Toppr keeps you sharp and focussed on all subjects with its extensive study material.
Get your doubts resolved from the best, instantly!
With Toppr, you can solve all your doubts just like on WhatsApp!
Know where you stand amongst your peers.
Toppr helps you find rankers across the country and learn how they are approaching preparation.
Know how Toppr becomes a comprehensive solution for a student.
Get personalized tests that adapt to your learning progress.
Goal based learning
Tick off learning goals as you make progress.
Accurate personalized feedback to pinpoint your improvement areas
Revise concepts and formulae from concise sheets in all chapters
Practice from a wide variety of question sets with varying difficulty and types.
Know your performance on previous 5 year question papers of your exam.
When studying, I have a lot of doubts. Even at 3:30 am, there's a tutor around to resolve my doubts.
The previous 5 years' question papers improved my aptitude in Maths and Science.
9th, SSC Board
Use Toppr to crack the hardest, toughest exams in India. It's got everything a student needs.
Lomai Narendra Thule
Toppr lets me practice, track my progress and revise. It's like having a private tutor.
12th, JEE, CET
You get the same experience as an elite coaching class at one-tenth the cost. What's not to love?
Sign up for Free
Practice from 300,000 questions, ask doubts and get instant feedback on your progress.