The Consortium of Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) organizes COMEDK UGET, a state-level entrance exam to provide admission to the UG courses in the field of medical, engineering and dental. However, from 2017, COMEDK will be held only to grant admissions to engineering and architecture courses, i.e. B.Tech & B.Arch.
The COMEDK 2017 examination would be conducted in the month of May 2017 and the applications for the same would begin from March. So, now is the right time for you to begin your preparations.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination as 10+2 from a recognized state/central board. Your last two years of studies should have comprised of PCM with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General category candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with at least 45% aggregate marks in PCM (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
- Diploma holders are not eligible to apply as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply for UGET’. Click on ‘Register for COMEDK UGET’, click on the tab ‘here’ for new registration. The registration form will be displayed. You need to fill in your basic details and click on ‘submit’. Make a note of the registration number for future reference and log out.
- Log in with your ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’. Click on ‘Edit’, now fill in your personal details, address, category, academic information and preference of exam centre.
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph, signature, ID proof, Father’s/Guardian’s signature, and declaration certificate.
- Once you’ve completed all the aforementioned steps, you can pay the application fee (Rs. 1200) through Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking or Challan. Make sure that you keep a printout of the application form for future reference.
|COMEDK 2017 Exam Event||Dates|
|Registration & Issue of Online Application||Feb 13, 2017|
|Online Availability of Mock Test||Feb 13, 2017|
|Last date for Fee Payment & Online Application||Apr 20, 2017|
|Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket||May 5, 2017|
|Last date for download of Test Admission Ticket||May 13, 2017|
|COMEDK 2017 Test Date||May 14, 2017|
|Publishing for Provisional Answer Keys||May 18, 2017|
|Last date for receiving challenges to Provisional Answer Keys||May 22, 2017|
|Publishing of Final Answer Keys||May 26, 2017|
|COMEDK 2017 Result Declaration||May 29, 2017|
|Online Availability of Test Score Cards for Candidates||Week 2, Jun 2017|
- 01.Units of Measurement
- 02.Alternating Current
- 03.Electromagnetic Induction
- 04.Current & Electricity
- 05.Description of Motion in one, two & three dimensions
- 07.Heat & Thermodynamics
- 08.Kinetic Energy
- 02.Chemistry in Action
- 03.Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- 05.Chemical Kinetics
- 06.Transition of Metals
- 08.Organic Chemistry
- 09.Nuclear Chemistry
- 03.Correlation & Regression
- 05.Matrices & Determinants
- 06.Co-ordinate Geometry
- 07.Logarithmic Series
- 09.Differential Equation
- 11.Three-Dimensional Geometry
|Subject||No. of Questions|
- The COMEDK 2017 question paper will have Multiple Choice Questions in English language only.
- One mark is awarded for each correct answer and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is three hours, out of which two hours is for Physics & Chemistry paper and one hour is for the Mathematics paper.
- Make a Time-Table: Before you start preparing, make sure you’re familiar with the syllabus and the exam pattern of the examination. Now, make a study schedule in a way so that you allocated equal time to all subjects. Give more emphasis on the areas that you are weak and need improvement.
- Strengthen Fundamental Concepts: Start from the basics and don’t move on to the advanced level until you get your fundamentals right. Once you’re thorough with the basics any problem can be solved by applying the basic principles. Moreover, if you directly attempt the advanced problems and fail at them it would lead to a loss of confidence and morale.
- Practice Diligently: Regular practice is a must to do well in COMEDK examination. Subjects like Mathematics need continuous practice and you may not be able to solve the same problem if you take a break from regular practice. Regular practice will also lead to an increase in your speed and accuracy which are a must to succeed at competitive exams.
- Solve Previous Years’ Papers: Make sure you take enough mock tests and practice as many previous years’ papers as you can. Solving previous years’ papers will help you understand the type of questions and the total time taken to solve them. It will also make you aware of your strengths and weaknesses. If you’re taking more time in a particular section, then you can strengthen that section for a better score at the examination.
- Physics for CET & COMEDK by S. Dashrathi.
- Aptitude problems in physics by S.S. Krotov.
- Physics for Karnataka CET & COMEDK by BASE (2nd edition).
- NCERT textbooks for Class 11th & 12th.
- Chemistry for Karnataka CET & COMEDK by BASE.
- Chemistry for Karnataka CET & COMEDK by Dr. Somar Maruti H.
- IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal.
- NCERT textbooks for Class 11th & 12th.
- Algebra made easy by K.P. Basu.
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma.
- Mathematics for Karnataka CET & COMEDK by BASE.
- NCERT textbooks for Class 11th & 12th.
Previous year's papers
It is extremely important to diligently solve COMEDK previous year papers, as it will help you understand the exam pattern and also improve your speed and accuracy in solving the problems, which is of paramount importance for success. You can solve the COMEDK previous year papers from the links given below:
More than 150 Institutes will grant admission on the basis of the COMEDK cut-off scores. The cut-off marks will vary according to the branch, college and category of the candidate. The COMEDK cut-off will depend on various factors such as the number of candidates, availability of seats, difficulty level of question paper, etc.
There are over 172 engineering institutes in the state of Karnataka that will grant admission to the qualifying candidates of COMEDK UGET2017 examination. The COMEDK UGET 2017 will tentatively be conducted across 697 exam centres in 153 cities in India for admissions to over 20,000 B. Tech seats. Some of the top colleges are:
- R.V College of Engineering
- BMS College of Engineering
- PES University
- M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- Bangalore Institute of Technology
- Sir M Visveraya Institute of Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology
- Acharya Institute of Technology
- ACS College of Engineering
- Alpha College of Engineering
- Alva’s Institute of Engineering and Technology
- AMC Engineering College
- Appa Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Angadi Institute of Management and Technology
- Amruta Institute of Engineering and Management Sciences
- St. Joseph Engineering College
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology
- Reva Institute of Technology and Management
- Maharaja Institute of Technology
Toppr for COMEDK
Toppr is India’s best learning app. Here’s how Toppr can help optimise your preparation:
- The video lectures offered by Toppr are prepared by the best teachers in India. They are not only knowledge-rich but have interesting animations which enable you to visualize and commit to memory everything you learn.
- The intelligence encoded into the app will automatically generate the right questions for you, thus saving you time in your practice. The way this works is: Toppr will initially present you with some questions. Based on your accuracy, and the time you take to crack them, Toppr will precisely evaluate your level of preparation and the concepts which you need to strengthen.
- A well-organised question bank consisting of easy, moderate and hard difficulty levels will present you with a wide variety of questions. This will help you be quick and accurate for the easy questions, and skillful and insightful for the difficult ones.
- Toppr offers an All India Test Series to help you pit yourself against the brightest minds in the country. Compete with the 13 lakh students practicing on Toppr, and you will have a fair idea of your position nationally. Moreover, we provide an exhaustive analysis at the end of every test to help you identify genuine areas of concern in your preparation.
- Instant doubt clearing is crucial to your learning. On Toppr Doubts, a team of subject experts are available 24*7 to clear any doubts you may have, anytime.