How to prepare for MHT-CET with Toppr
Get your concepts right
To crack MHT-CET, you need to understand your concepts well. With the help of Toppr’s video lectures, you can get a clear understanding of any topic at any time of the day.
They are taught by experienced teachers, and are available in Hinglish & English – covering all the concepts you can possibly think of.Try Now
The best students spend 80% of their time practicing questions, and 20% learning theory. Improve your skills by practicing only the right questions.
At Toppr, we customize them for you by gradually increasing the degree of difficulty – for it ensures a full coverage of the scope of the examination.Try Now
Get your doubts cleared
A doubt can weaken your foundation, or even reduce your confidence.
Don’t get stuck at a doubt. Seek help immediately using our Doubts on Chat app. Here, you can get your queries solved 24x7 by a community of experts.Try Now
Take All-India Tests
All-India tests help you monitor your progress, and gauge how well prepared you are for D-day. On Toppr, you can compete with students from all over the country!Try Now
All you need to know about MHT-CET
Facts, Syllabus & Pattern
- What is MHT - CET?
- Syllabus for MHT - CET
- Exam Pattern for MHT - CET
How to apply for MHT - CET
- Eligibility Criteria for MHT - CET
- Registration for MHT - CET
- Application Fees for MHT - CET
- Exam Dates for MHT - CET
Results and Cut-off
- Cut-off for MHT-CET
How to Prepare for MHT - CET
- Preparation Tips for MHT - CET
- Study Material for MHT - CET
- Previous Years’ Papers for MHT - CET
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts, Syllabus and Pattern
What is MHT-CET?
MHT - CET is conducted by the Department of Technical Education, Maharashtra
- It facilitates admission to full time degree courses of health sciences and technical education in colleges of Maharashtra.
- It includes courses like: MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Pharm. D.
Syllabus for MHT-CET
- Measurement of Angles
- Factorization Formulae
- Mathematical Logic
- Linear Inequations
- Trigonometric Functions
- Pair of Straight Lines
- Circle and Conics
- Three-dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming Problems
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Sequences & Series
- Limits & Continuity
- Applications of Derivative
- Applications of Definite Integral
- Differential Equations
- Permutations & Combinations
- Probability & its Distribution
- Bernoulli Trials, Binomial Theorem & its Distribution
- Measurements and Errors
- Scalars and Vectors
- Projectile Motion
- Friction in Solids and Liquids
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Ray Optics
- Circular Motion
- Rotational Dynamics
- Surface Tension
- Sound Waves
- Wave Motion
- Stationary Waves
- Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation
- Wave Theory of Light
- Interference and Diffraction
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Inductions
- Electrons and Photons
- Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Communication Systems
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Atomic Structure
- Periodic Table and its Classifications
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics
- Chemical Kinetics
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- S-Block Elements
- P-Block Elements
- D and F-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry
- Hydrocarbons and Aromatic Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Environmental Chemistry
Exam Pattern for MHT-CET
MHT-CET consists of two papers:
Paper 1: Physics and Chemistry
Paper 2: Mathematics
|Subjects||Physics and Chemistry|
|Questions||100 (50 each)|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
|Marking scheme||2 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
How to apply
Eligibility Criteria for MHT-CET
Minimum age requirement is 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
The age limit is 25 years for a general category candidate.
The age limit for SC and ST category student is 30 years.
Compulsory subjects include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Score in 12th standard or equivalent examination:
As a general category candidate, you must have scored a minimum of 50% in your 10+2 or equivalent examination.
As an SC, ST or OBC candidate, you must have scored a minimum of 45%.
You must have passed or must be appearing for your 12th standard or equivalent examination.
Number of attempts:
You can only attempt MHT-CET 3 times.
You must have a domicile certificate of Maharashtra.
Registration for MHT-CET
- You can register for MHT-CET online
- Submissions of the online application will begin in the first week of March, 2018
- You can go to the official MH-CET exam website to fill in the application form
- Registration by filling the form on the official website.
- Complete the form by filling in personal details.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee online
- A confirmation page will appear, keep a copy of the same for future references.
Application Fee for MHT-CET
|General and OBC||Rs. 800||Rs. 60|
|SC, ST and PH||Rs. 600||Rs. 60|
Exam Dates for MHT-CET
The tentative exam dates for MHT-CET 2018 are given below.
|Submission of admission forms||14th to 23rd February, 2018||00:01 AM|
|Edit and update details in the Application Form||25th to 30th March, 2018||11:59 PM|
|Extended date for submitting the Application Form (With late registration fees)||7th to 10th April, 2018||3:00 PM|
|Online Admit Cards available for download||24th April to 11th May, 2018||11:59 PM|
|MHT-CET examination||11th May 2018|
|Submission of documents||2nd week of May 2018||11:59 PM|
|Online display of question papers||3rd week of May 2018||00:00 AM|
|Online display of provisional Answer Keys||26th May 2018||00:00 AM|
|Availability of scanned OMR Sheets||26th May to 2nd June, 2018||00:00 AM|
|Dates for challenging questions||26th to 28th May, 2018||00:00 AM|
|Declaration of results||4th June, 2018||00:00 AM|
Results and cut-off
Cut-off for MHT-CET
The cutoff is based on the difficulty of the paper, the number of candidates who participated and several other factors. Students above the cut-off score are deemed ‘qualified’, and can participate in the counselling procedure.
Here’s the department-wise closing rank for MHT-CET 2017:
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||1,02,386|
|Food Engineering and Technology||87,535|
|Oil, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology||1,855|
|Polymer Engineering and Technology||1,376|
|Pharmaceuticals Chemistry and Technology||1,472|
How to prepare
Preparation Tips for MHT-CET
- Most of the CET paper is based on Maharashtra Board textbooks. Maths and Chemistry are easy targets to score. Physics can be a bit tricky if your fundamentals are not clear.
- Try to solve questions of different types from reference books. This will help you clear concepts and improve your performance. Toppr offers 3.5 lakh questions for unlimited practice to make your concepts in each chapter strong.
- Practice as much as you can. Most of the questions asked in the exam are of easy to medium level.
- Solve previous year papers and give timed tests in an exam like environment to improve your efficiency of attempting questions. Toppr offers you many test series for this very purpose.
- It is extremely important to take in the right amount and quality of content. Toppr’s Learn solves this problem for you, with our detailed lectures on individual topics having been prepared by India’s top teachers.
- Besides, you can also follow us for specific tips and tricks.
Experts' tips for MH-CET
How to avoid calculation errors?
Study Material for MHT-CET
- Maharashtra State Board Mathematics Book for Theory
- Target Publications Books for Problem Practice
- Maharashtra State Board Physics Book for Theory
- Pradnya Publication Books for Appropriate Problems
- Maharashtra State Board Chemistry Book for Theory
- Target Publications Book for Problems
Previous Years’ Papers for MHT-CET
Previous years’ papers are an essential component in the preparation of any exam. They will help you judge the level of questions generally asked, and also give you a general idea of the paper pattern followed in an exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Which colleges can I get into after appearing for MHT-CET?
Ans: Government and government-aided private colleges and Institutes of Maharashtra provide admission to the eligible candidates of MHT-CET. Here are the top 10 colleges for MHT-CET.
|Sr. No||Top 10 Colleges|
|1||Veermata Jijabai Technology Institute|
|2||Jawahar Education Society’s Institute of Technology, Management & Research|
|3||Sardar Patel Institute of Technology|
|4||Pune Institute of Computer Technology|
|5||Maharashtra Institute of Technology|
|6||Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management|
|7||College of Engineering, Pune|
|8||Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad|
|9||International Institute of Information Technology|
|10||Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering|