What is AIPMT?
The All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance (AIPMT) is an annual medical entrance exam admission for medical and dental courses like MBBS and BDS at several medical colleges across the country. It is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
AIPMT is conducted for admission in 15% of the total seats in all medical and dental colleges in India run by Central and State governments/local authorities except in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Telengana. About 6.3 lakh people registered for AIPMT in 2016. About 3,000 MBBS seats and 250 BDS seats are available under the exam. It has also replaced National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET 2017).
Can I appear for AIPMT?
Eligibility for AIPMT, like every year, depends on 3 factors : Age criteria, Year of appearing for 12th standard exam or equivalent and number of attempts made for AIPMT.
Check your eligibility for AIPMT 2017 below.
- Year of attempt
- No. of attempts
The Students from SC, ST and PwD category are given a relaxation of 5 years.
How do I register for AIPMT 2017?
The AIPMT application form for 2017 is available online on the official website.
The application fee for the exam is listed in the table below :
|Reservation Status||Without Late Fee||With Late Fee|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1200/-||Rs. 2400/-|
|SC/ST/PH||Rs. 650/-||Rs. 1850/-|
The examination fee for AIPMT 2017 can be remitted in the following manner :
- Online payment through Debit/Credit Card
- Payment through e-Challan at the branches of HDFC Bank/Syndicate Bank/ICICI Bank/Syndicate Bank of India.
What are the AIPMT exam dates?
Aspirants can check out the complete AIPMT 2017 schedule here:
|Availability of application form||First week of December 2016|
|Last date to submit application form with late fee||Last week of December 2016|
|Correction in application forms||Last week of December 2016|
|AIPMT Admit Card 2017 available for download from||First week of April 2017|
|Date of All India Pre Medical / Dental Test||First week of May 2017|
|OMR sheet display||Last week of May 2017|
|AIPMT Answer Key 2017 publication by CBSE||Last week of May 2017|
|AIPMT Result 2017 declaration||First week of June 2017|
What is the syllabus for AIPMT 2017?
- 01. Physics and measurement
- 02. Kinematics
- 03. Laws of motion
- 04. Work power and energy
- 05. Motion of system of particles and rigid body
- 06. Gravitation
- 07. Properties of Bulk matter
- 08. Thermodynamics
- 09. Behavior of perfect gases and kinetic theory
- 10. Oscillations and waves
- 11. Electrostatics
- 12. Current electricity
- 13. Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- 14. Electromagnetic induction and alternative currents
- 15. Electromagnetic waves
- 16. Optics
- 17. Dual nature of matter and radiation
- 18. Atoms and nuclei
- 19. Electronic devices
- 01. Some basic concepts in chemistry
- 02. Atomic structure
- 03. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- 04. Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- 05. States of Matter: Liquids and Gases
- 06. Chemical thermodynamics
- 07. Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- 08. Chemical kinetics
- 09. Surface chemistry
- 10. General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- 11. Hydrogen
- 12. s-block elements
- 13. p-block elements
- 14. d and f block elements
- 15. Environmental chemistry
- 16. Purification of organic compounds
- 17. Basic principles of organic chemistry
- 18. Hydrocarbons
- 19. Solid State
- 20. Solutions
- 21. Halo alkanes and Haloarenes
- 22. Alcohols
- 23. Phenols and Ethers
- 24. Aldehydes
- 25. Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- 26. Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- 27. Polymers
- 28. Bio-molecules
- 29. Chemistry in everyday life
- 01. Diversity in Living World
- 02. Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- 03. Cell Structure and Function
- 04. Plant Physiology
- 05. Human physiology
- 06. Reproduction
- 07. Genetics and Evolution
- 08. Biology and Human Welfare
- 09. Biotechnology and its Applications
- 10. Ecology and Environment.
What is the AIPMT exam pattern?
The exam is pen and paper based. It is available in English or Hindi (chosen during application). The exam is made up of 180 multiple choice questions with a single option correct for duration of 3 hours (10 AM to 1PM).
- Physics45 Questions
- Chemistry45 Questions
- Zoology45 Questions
- Botany45 Questions
Marking Scheme - +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every incorrect answer.
How should I prepare?
- We believe 70% of AIPMT preparation is practice. Toppr offers more than 3 Lakh+ questions to make your concepts in each chapter stronger.
- Don't get stuck at any doubt. Ask your doubts to the subject matter experts of Toppr to get an instant reply.
- Give mock tests at an All India Level.
- NCERT and good books for AIPMT are the minimum resources you need. Toppr offers best study material from all over the web to help you prepare better.
- Solve the past year papers and sample papers – Find Toppr’s collection of the sample papers and try to attempt them keeping time for 3 hours.
- Consider keeping revision notes – Maintain revision notes as and when you go through a formula or a concept as bulletin points.
From where should I study?
Theory books :Trueman’s elementary biology Vol-I & Vol-II, Companion biology by K.Bhatti (Dinesh publication).
Objective books :Objective biology by Dinesh, AIIMS explorer by MTG publication, Trueman’s objective biology.
Theory books :Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma, NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT by Anil Aggarwal, NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2.
Objective books :Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations by D.C Pandey (Arihant Publications).
Theory books :GR Bhatla publications by O.P Tondon.
Objective books :O.P Tondon by GR bhatla publications, a book by Arihant publications.
Where can I find previous years’ papers?
Previous year papers are important to practice because they help you simulate the real AIPMT. You can find them here.
When do I qualify?
The examination was conducted in 50 cities across 1100 centres. Every year over 5.5 Lakh students register themselves to AIPMT with dreams of making it to premier medical colleges. A total of 18,000 candidates were selected for the Merit List & Waitlist out of the total.Read More
What colleges do I get through AIPMT?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Arunachal Pradesh
- University of Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Hamdard University, New Delhi
How should I discuss my doubts?
Asking doubts and clearing them is important while preparing for AIPMT. Toppr brings you a community who has survived the test of time and wants to help out a real AIPMT aspirant.