How to prepare for TS - EAMCET with Toppr
Get your concepts right
To crack TS-EAMCET, you need to understand your concepts well. With the help of Toppr’s video lectures, you can get a clear understanding of any topic at any time of the day.
They are taught by experienced teachers, and are available in Hinglish & English – covering all the concepts you can possibly think of.Try Now
The best students spend 80% of their time practicing questions, and 20% learning theory. Improve your skills by practicing only the right questions.
At Toppr, we customize them for you by gradually increasing the degree of difficulty – for it ensures a full coverage of the scope of the examination.Try Now
Get your doubts cleared
A doubt can weaken your foundation, or even reduce your confidence.
Don’t get stuck at a doubt. Seek help immediately using our Doubts on Chat app. Here, you can get your queries solved 24x7 by a community of experts.Try Now
Take All-India Tests
All-India tests help you monitor your progress, and gauge how well prepared you are for D-day. On Toppr, you can compete with students from all over the country!Try Now
All you need to know about TS - EAMCET
Facts Syllabus & Pattern
- What is TS - EAMCET?
- Syllabus for TS - EAMCET
- Exam Pattern for TS - EAMCET
How to apply for TS - EAMCET
- Eligibility Criteria for TS - EAMCET
- Registration for TS - EAMCET
- Application Fee for TS - EAMCET
- Admit Card for TS - EAMCET
- Exam Dates for TS - EAMCET
Results and Cut-off
- Answer Key for TS - EAMCET
- Rank Predictor for TS - EAMCET
- Results for TS - EAMCET
- Cut Off for TS - EAMCET
- Rank Card for TS - EAMCET
- Counselling for TS - EAMCET
How to Prepare for TS - EAMCET
- Preparation Tips for TS - EAMCET
- Study Material for TS - EAMCET
- Previous Years’ Papers for TS - EAMCET
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts, Syllabus and Pattern
What is TS EAMCET?
Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Entrance Test (TS - EAMCET) is a state-level entrance exam, organised by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
- All universities and private colleges located in Telangana consider the score of TS - EAMCET. Scores of TS - EAMCET are considered for admissions into different courses in the fields of engineering and agriculture.
- Some top participating Institutes under TS - EAMCET are mentioned here.
Syllabus for TS - EAMCET
- Physical World
- Units and Dimension
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Motion in a Plane
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Wave Optics
- Electric Charges and Fields
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Semiconductor Electronics
- Communication Systems
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Equilibrium and Acid-Bases
- Hydrogen and its Compounds
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- p-Block Elements - Group 13 (Boron Family)
- p-Block Elements - Group 14 (Carbon Family)
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Solid State
- Electrochemistry and Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles of Metallurgy
- d and f-Block Elements and Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds containing Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Theory of Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Mathematical Induction
- Quadratic Expressions
- Permutations and Combinations
- Partial Fractions
- Binomial Theorem
- Hyperbolic Functions
- Trigonometric Equations
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Trigonometric Ratios up to Transformations
- Properties of Triangles
- Linear Combination of Vectors
- Component of a Vector in Three Dimensions
- Orthogonal Projections
- Geometrical Vector Methods
- Vector Equations of a Plane in Different Forms
- Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Classical Definition of probability
- Measures of Dispersion
- Binomial and Poisson Distributions
- A Pair of Straight Lines
- Transformation of Axes
- The Straight Line
- Direction Cosines and Direction Ratios
- Three-dimensional Coordinates
- System of Circles
- Limits and Continuity
- Applications of Derivatives
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equations
Exam Pattern for TS - EAMCET
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Mode of examination||Offline mode (pen and paper)|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Number of questions||160|
|Marking scheme||1 mark awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
|Languages||English & Telugu (only in Hyderabad)|
|Subject||Number of Questions|
How to apply
Eligibility Criteria for TS - EAMCET
Students must have completed 16 years of age by the time of admission.
There is no upper age limit.
For B. Tech. Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering and FST, the applicant’s minimum age should be 17 years and maximum should be 22 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
For SC and ST candidates, the upper age limit is 25 years.
12th standard and equivalent examination:
You should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
You should have an Engineering Diploma from the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana or Andhra Pradesh or any other equivalent examination.
Score in 12th standard or equivalent exam:
As a general category candidate, you should have scored a minimum of 45% in your 10+2 or equivalent examination.
As a reserved category candidate, you should have scored a minimum of 40%.
You must be an Indian National or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holder.
You must belong to the State of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh. You must also satisfy the Local or Non-Local status requirements.
Registration for TS - EAMCET
- You can make the payment using a credit or debit card.
- You can even make a payment by visiting an AP Online Centre.
- Aadhar Card details.
- Hall ticket number for 10th and 12th board exams.
- Personal details, including address.
- A scanned copy of your signature.
- A passport size photograph.
|Details||File Format||File Size|
|Recent passport size, digital colour photograph||JPEG||30 KB|
|Digital signature||JPEG||15 KB|
- This page will mention all the details you have filled out in the application form.
- Keep a copy of this page saved at all times.
- You must paste a recent colour photograph (3.5 cms x 3.5 cms) on the application form.
- You must get it attested by a Gazetted Officer or Principal of the college where you have studied or are studying.
Application Fee for TS - EAMCET
|Category||Application Fee||Payment Mode|
|General||Rs. 500||TS (AP) Online, MEE Seva, AP Online, E-Seva, Credit Card or Debit Card|
|SC or ST||Rs. 250|
Admit Card for TS - EAMCET
- The admit card will be released around the 1st week of May
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry their admit card to the exam hall
- Go to the official portal of TS - EAMCET 2018.
- Enter details like registration number, qualifying exam hall ticket number and date of birth to check the result.
- Submit and download or print your hall ticket.
- Admit card.
- Hard copy of the filled-in application form with a photo affixed in it.
- SC and ST candidates need to bring an attested copy of their caste certificate, if not submitted during application.
Tentative Exam Dates for TS - EAMCET 2018
|Notification||13th March 2018||-|
|TS - EAMCET 2018 application form released||15th March 2018||00:00 AM|
|Commencement of submission of online application form||15th April 2018||00:00 AM|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||16th- 21st April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for submission of online application with a late fee of Rs. 500||21st April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for submission of online application with a late fee of Rs. 1,000||27th April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for submission of online application with a late fee of Rs. 5,000||3rd May 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for submission of online application with a late fee of Rs 10,000 (based on the court's discretion)||8th May 2017||11:59 PM|
|Downloading of hall tickets||1st to 9th May 2017||11:59 PM|
|Engineering exam||12th May 2018||10:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Agriculture and Medical (AM) exam||12th May 2018||
2:30 PM to 5:30
|13th May 2018||00:00 AM|
|Result and ranks||22nd May 2018||00:00 AM|
Results and cut-off
Answer Key for TS - EAMCET
- You can compare your answers with the ones in the answer key and estimate your probable scores
- If you disagree with any of the answers provided in the TS - EAMCET answer key 2017 you can write to the authorities
- You could email the details along with the proof and your TS - EAMCET application details by May 16, 2017 before 5 pm
Rank Predictor for TS - EAMCET
- You can download the official Answer Key, in order to predict your rank
- To calculate the scores, follow the TS - EAMCET 2018 marking scheme - under which, 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and no marks will be subtracted for the negative answer
- Now, deduct the total number of incorrect answers from the total number of questions in the paper. The calculated digit will be the expected score.
Results for TS - EAMCET
Cut-off for TS - EAMCET
- The cut-off scores on TS EAMCET will determine admissions to the various engineering courses
- To qualify you will need to get at least 25% of the marks in the TS - EAMCET 2018
- Number of applicants.
- Number of seats available.
- Popularity of a course.
- Difficulty levels of the question paper.
Rank Card for TS - EAMCET
You will require your rank card for the counselling process. It’s released as soon as the results are announced.
You have to enter the following details to download your TS - EAMCET rank card 2018.
- EAMCET hall ticket number
- Qualifying exam hall ticket number
- Date of birth
- Visit the official website of TS EAMCET tseamcet.in.
- Click on ‘Download Rank Card’ on the home page.
- Enter the necessary details such as hall ticket number, qualifying exam hall ticket number, date of birth and click on ‘Submit’.
- The TS - EAMCET rank card with name and marks obtained in the exam are available on the screen.
Counselling for TS - EAMCET
- Counselling of TS - EAMCET 2018 will be conducted tentatively in the fourth week of June, 2018 for candidates who have qualified
- The TS - EAMCET counselling 2018 will include document verification, allotment of seats based on merit ranks and preferences, etc.
- You must first register, fill your choices of courses and colleges.
- You must attend the document verification at the designated help line centres according to the given schedule.
- You must pay a counselling fee of Rs.1000/- (OC/BC), Rs.500/-(SC/ST) at the help line centre where the document verification will be held.
- After verification, you will be allotted seats.
- You must download the allotment letter and complete the admission formalities.
|Sr. No.||Document Details|
|1||TS - EAMCET 2018 Rank Card|
|2||TS - EAMCET 2018 Hall Ticket|
|4||S.S.C or its equivalent marks memo|
|5||Intermediate or its equivalent Pass Certificate|
|6||VI to Inter Study Certificates|
|7||Transfer Certificate (T.C)|
|8||Income Certificate issued after 01.01.2016 if applicable|
|9||Caste Certificate issued by competent authority if applicable|
|10||Physically Challenged (PH) / Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) / NCC/Sports / Minority certificate if applicable|
|11||Residence certificate of either of parents in Telangana for a period of 10 years in case of Non-Local candidates|
|12||Residence certificate in case where the candidate has no institutionalized education|
How to prepare
Preparation Tips for TS - EAMCET
- Clarity of concepts: Focus on understanding basic concepts rather than just the formulae. It will ensure that you imbibe the method used to arrive at the formulae, ensuring that you never forget it.
- Time management: Some simple time management tips will ease your preparation. Keep an eye on the time taken to solve the questions. A subject-wise allocation of time will also help you attempt the paper within the time constraint. It helps in exam-simulation and to filter out the easy questions from the difficult ones in the exam so you know how much time to allot to them.
- Accomplish targets on daily basis: Your daily study plan must include learning and revision, so assign daily goals for yourself and make sure you fulfill them. It will boost your confidence for the exam and avoid wastage of precious time.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: If you’re strong in Physics but average in Mathematics and weak in Chemistry, then you can turn your weaknesses into strengths for a good overall score by focusing on areas to improve in. Take the help of your teachers or seniors to understand concepts better. Perfection in exam preparation is an imaginary concept and yet, we can use some well-thought out strategies to get closest to perfection.
- Remember what you learn: Due of the vastness of your syllabus, it is important to remember what you learn. Inorganic Chemistry, long formulae, some concepts - there’s much to remember. What you need to learn by heart will not take up much time in your paper; so best do it well!
- Study material: Too many cooks spoil the broth and this adage is especially true when it comes to study materials. When it comes to exam preparations, you must not experiment with too many sources and just select the reputed ones for the TS - EAMCET 2018 examination. examination.
- Sample papers: Sample papers and previous years’ papers will go a long way in helping you crack any exam. Solving sample papers will help you find your strengths and weaknesses and give perspective to your preparation. Practise more on Toppr!
Study Material for TS - EAMCET
- Andhra Pradesh Board, Physics Textbooks
- H.C.Verma (Volume 1)
- H.C.Verma (Volume 2)
- Arihant Publication - Solved Papers of EAMCET
- EAMCET Chemistry Chapterwise, 23 years Solutions and 5 Mock Tests
- NCERT Textbooks for Inorganic Chemistry
- R.C. Mukherjee for Physical Chemistry
- R.K. Gupta or O.P. Tandon for Organic Chemistry
- AP or TG Board, Textbooks for Class 11 and 12
- Vedic Mathematics: The Student Taking Competitive Exams
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics
- Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics
- State Board, Textbooks for Classes XI and XII
Previous Years’ Papers for TS - EAMCET
While preparing for the TS - EAMCET or any other competitive exam, it’s imperative that you practice the previous years’ papers for that particular examination. The more you practice, the sharper are your skills.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I apply for TS - EAMCET 2018 after April 15th, 2018?
Ans: Yes, you can fill up the application form after April 15th, 2018. However, you will need to pay the late fee as prescribed by the TS - EAMCET 2018 examination authority.
Q2. Which are the regional centres of TS - EAMCET 2018?
Ans: Some of the regional centres in Telangana State:
|Sr. No.||Regional Centre||Sr. No.||Regional Centre|
|Sr. No.||Regional Centre|
Q3: What are the mandatory details for filling in the online application form?
Ans: Before filling the online application form, keep ready the following mandatory details: hall ticket, parent’s income details, aadhar card among other documents which you can check on the official site.
Q4: How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the online application form?
Ans: On successful submission of online application form in the TS - EAMCET 2018 application process, the candidates will be communicated about the same on their mobile phone through an SMS indicating successful registration. The candidates are provided a registration number in the same SMS. Further, the filled online application form containing all the details provided by you will be displayed instantly.
Q5: What should I do with the filled online application form?
Ans: The candidate has to take a print of the filled online application form, keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully. Use the registration number in the filled online application form for all future correspondence. If an e-mail id is submitted during the online submission process, then a copy of the filled online application form will be mailed to your e-mail address.
Q6: Should I upload any certificates?
Ans. No, there isn’t any need to upload certificates. However, all the candidates have to submit the TS - EAMCET 2018 filled online application form to the invigilator in the examination hall during the TS - EAMCET 2018. If the candidate belongs to the SC or ST category, then he or she needs to submit a duly attested photocopy of the caste certificate to the invigilator in the examination hall along with a copy of the filled online application form.
Q7:. I am an OBC category candidate. Should I also enclose the category certificate?
Ans: No. Only SC or ST category students need to submit the duly attested photocopy of the caste certificate and filled online application form to the invigilator in the examination hall during the TS - EAMCET 2018 test. However, OBC students have to produce the category certificates at the time of admission.
Q8: If I choose the payment gateway option, how should I submit the ONLINE application form?
Ans. Before selecting the Debit or Credit Card payment mode for the registration fee, the candidate has to be ready with the required mandatory details. After payment, the ONLINE application form will appear. Fill in all the mandatory details, read the declaration and click, ‘SUBMIT’.
Q9: What are the boxes provided at the bottom of the filled online application form?
Ans: The boxes at the bottom of the Filled filled online application form are provided to affix a photograph, provide a signature and a thumb impression of the candidate. A recent passport colour photograph of the candidate has to be affixed and attested (by a Gazetted Officer or the Principal of the college where the candidate has last studied) in the appropriate box before coming to the examination hall. The signature and left-hand thumb impression of the candidate have to be done in the provided fields in the filled online application form. It should be done during the examination in the presence of the Invigilator.
Q10: If I misplace my copy of the ‘Filled Online Application Form’, how do I get another copy of it?
Ans:New printout of the ‘Filled Online Application Form’ can be received and downloaded from the TS - EAMCET 2018 website. You can obtain a new copy and preserve it.
Q11:. I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQs, what should I do?
Ans: The candidates are advised to go through ALL details thoroughly on the official TS - EAMCET - 2018 website. If your query still persists, contact the EAMCET office. You can also contact the regional centres or send an e-mail to the [email protected] or call them at 040-23150362/040-23150462.
Discussion and clarification of doubts are of utmost importance to succeed in any competitive examination. It’s equally important to be sure about the authenticity of the answers you receive.
Visit our discussion platform Toppr Doubts to clarify your doubts with our experts.
Q12: Which colleges can I get admission into if I qualify for TS - EAMCET?
Ans: Some Institutes under TS - EAMCET are as follows:
|Sr No||Top 10 Colleges|
|1||Deccan College of Engineering & Technology|
|2||City Women College of Engineering & Technology|
|3||G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology & Science|
|4||Keshav Memorial Institute of Technology|
|5||Anjamma Agi Reddy Engineering College for Women|
|6||Bhojreddy Engineering College for Women|
|7||Islamia College of Engineering & Technology for Women|
|8||Methodist College of Engineering & Technology|
|9||Nawab Shah Alam Khan College of Engineering & Technology|
|10||Mahavir Institute of Science & Technology|