How to prepare for VITEEE with Toppr
Get your concepts right
To crack VITEEE, you need to understand your concepts well. With the help of Toppr’s video lectures, you can get a clear understanding of any topic at any time of the day.
They are taught by experienced teachers, and are available in Hinglish & English – covering all the concepts you can possibly think of.Try Now
The best students spend 80% of their time practicing questions, and 20% learning theory. Improve your skills by practicing only the right questions.
At Toppr, we customize them for you by gradually increasing the degree of difficulty – for it ensures a full coverage of the scope of the examination.Try Now
Get your doubts cleared
A doubt can weaken your foundation, or even reduce your confidence.
Don’t get stuck at a doubt. Seek help immediately using our Doubts on Chat app. Here, you can get your queries solved 24x7 by a community of experts.Try Now
Take All-India Tests
All-India tests help you monitor your progress, and gauge how well prepared you are for D-day. On Toppr, you can compete with students from all over the country!Try Now
All you need to know about VITEEE
Facts, syllabus and pattern
- What is VITEEE?
- Syllabus for VITEEE
How to apply
- Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE
- Exam Pattern for VITEEE
- Exam Dates for VITEEE
- Registration for VITEEE
- VITEEE Offline Application Form
- Admit Card for VITEEE
Results and Cut-off
- Answer Key for VITEEE
- Result for VITEEE
- Cut-off for VITEEE
- Counselling for VITEEE
How to Prepare for VITEEE
- Preparation Tips for VITEEE
- Study Material for VITEEE
- Previous Years’ Papers for VITEEE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts, Syllabus and Pattern
What is VITEEE?
Founded in 1984 by Mr. G. Viswanathan, the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is a private university. It conducts the VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) – offering admissions to students opting for various B.Tech programmes.
- Every year, over 2 lakh candidates register for this test and compete for 5000 B.Tech seats in VIT Vellore and Chennai
- The University operates from two campuses - the main campus is in Vellore and the second campus in Chennai
- Two new campuses have been set up in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh, Bhopal and Madhya Pradesh, which have started operating from July 2017
- Overall, the institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, 4 integrated and 4 research programmes
Syllabus for VITEEE
- Laws of Motion and Work, Power and Energy
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Atomic Structure
- P, D and F-Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
- Matrices and their Applications
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Discrete Mathematics
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Health and Diseases
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment
- Reading Comprehension MCQs: 3 questions based on a passage and 2 questions based on English Grammar and Pronunciation
How to apply
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE
You should be born on or after 1st July, 1995.
All residential and non-residential Indians qualify for this examination.
You must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology during 10+2.
Score in 12th grade (or equivalent) examination:
The minimum should be an aggregate of 60% for general category.
50% for the reserved category as well as residents of North Eastern states.
If you are a PIO or OCI candidate, here’s some information about eligibility.As a PIO and OCI category candidate, you must have studied in schools located in India for at least two years prior to the examination. Only those candidates who have completed their qualifying examination from regular, full-time and formal institutions are eligible – including NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling).
Exam Pattern for VITEEE
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology, and English|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||125 (5 for English and 40 for each of the others)|
|Mode of examination||Online and Offline|
|Exam duration||2.5 hours|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
Exam dates for VITEEE
|VITEEE application form for NRI and foreign students||30th September 2017||00:00 AM|
|VITEEE application form released||9th November 2017||00:00 AM|
|Last date for issue or receipt of the application form for NRI candidates||30th April 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for issue or receipt of the application form for foreign candidates||10th June 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for issue or receipt of the application form for general candidates||15th March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for editing the submitted online application form||15th March 2018||11:59 PM|
|Computer based test slot booking||19th - 22nd March 2018||00:00 AM|
|Admit card download||19th -22nd March 2018||00:00 AM|
|Slot 1||5th to 16th April 2018||09:00 AM to 11:30 AM|
|Slot 2||5th to 16th April 2018||12:30 PM to 03:00 PM|
|Slot 3||5th to 16th April 2018||04:00 PM to 06:30 PM|
|Results||23rd April 2018||00:00 AM|
Registration for VITEEE
VIT slot booking 2018 is a provision for applicants to schedule their exam dates within the specified period as assigned by VIT University.
Online slot booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in where in you can choose your test city and then the date and batch for your exams.
To register, you need to:
- Visit the official website.
- Fill the online application form.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Once the booking is complete, retain a printed copy of the automatically generated e-Admit Card.
Here are some details to help you fill out your application form and make the payment
|Details||File Format||File Size|
|Passport sized photograph||JPEG||50 KB - 100 KB|
|Signature||JPEG||20 KB - 50 KB|
Note: Selfie photos will not be accepted.
VITEEE Offline Application Form
The VITEEE 2018 offline application form is available across some head post offices, apart from the VIT campuses at Vellore and Chennai. You should fill up this form very carefully and send the hard copy, along with the Demand Draft, to the address mentioned below:
Director, UG Admissions,
Vellore - 632014.
Contact Number: 0416-220 2157/ 2168
Admit Card for VITEEE
You can download the VITEEE 2018 Admit Card online in the form of an e-Admit Card, if you have booked your schedule through the Online Test Booking System (OTBS) before March 22nd, 2018.
- You can download your e-Admit Card as soon as you complete your slot booking, which is made available from 19th March onwards
- After the online slot booking is complete and e-Admit Card has been generated, you have to take a printout of it
- The e-Admit Card carries specifications like the e-Admit Card number, your photograph, address of the test centre, test date and time selected by the candidate
Results and cut-off
Answer Key for VITEEE
The VITEEE answer key helps you cross-check and match your answers (as marked in VITEEE 2017 exam). It then estimates your probable score in the entrance exam.
- VIT University will not release any answer key for VITEEE 2018, as the entrance exam is an online test
- The answer key may be released by leading coaching institutes after the declaration of the VITEEE 2018 result
Result for VITEEE
You can visit the official VIT website to check your rank. You will need your application number, verification code and password to access your result.
The VITEEE 2017 result has been declared by the University on 23rd April, 2017.
Here’s how the result is calculated.
If you’re a freshman taking the VITEEE, check out some important tips here.
Cut-off for VITEEE
Range of VITEEE Score
115 — 119
90 — 114
2,500 – 501
80 — 90
70 — 79
5,001 – 6500
60 — 69
6,501 – 8500
42 — 59
8,501 – 11000
31 — 41
Less than 31
Counselling for VITEEE
For the VITEEE Counselling, you are shortlisted on the basis of your rank. The counselling then begins on different dates, and in different phases.
- The university had conducted the counselling for Phase I from 10th to 12th May, 2017, while counselling for Phase II was held from the 15th to the 22nd
- The university also conducts biometric authentication for shortlisted candidates during the counselling and admission procedures
- It follows a common selection and admission procedure through a single window counselling at the 4 campuses in Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati
- If shortlisted, you will be required to attend the same campus personally
For the academic year 2015-16, a total of 1,84,483 candidates had taken the VITEEE exam, while seats were allotted only to those who ranked above or at 99,999.
How to prepare
Preparation Tips for VITEEE
- Stick to the syllabus: Thoroughly cover each topic and don’t go beyond that. Make sure to prepare a study plan that covers all topics.
- Be thorough with your basics: Most of the questions in this exam will test your basics.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Knowing your weaknesses will allow you to work on concepts you need to get better at.
- Familiarize yourself with the online exam environment: VITEEE 2018 will be an online Computer Based Test. Familiarizing yourself with this environment and solving the paper under a computerized clock is imperative. Solve as many sample papers and mock online tests as you can.
- Make revision notes: Make proper notes of concepts that require regular revision. These could be mathematical formulae or important chemical reactions. Make sure to integrate practice papers for VITEEE, when you do so.
Study Material for VITEEE
- Arihant Series by D.C. Pandey
- Concepts of Physics (both volumes) by H.C. Verma
- MCQ Question Bank by D. Mukherjee
- NCERT Textbook
- Tamil Nadu State Board Textbooks
- Arihant Series by Dr. S.K. Goyal
- Arihant Past Years’ AIEEE Papers
- Objective Mathematics Part 1 and Part 2 (NCERT difficulty) by R.D. Sharma
- NCERT Biology Textbook
- Botany, A.C. Dutta (Oxford Publication)
- Pradeep’s Biology Guide
Previous Years’ Papers for VITEEE
Going through previous years’ papers always helps you get acquainted with the type and difficulty level of the exam. Hence, it is considered good practice to solve them once.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What colleges can I get into through VITEEE?
Ans: After clearing VITEEE, you can get into the programmes offered by VIT University (Vellore and Chennai campuses).