How to prepare for WBJEE with Toppr
Get your concepts right
To crack WBJEE, you need to understand your concepts well. With the help of Toppr’s video lectures, you can get a clear understanding of any topic at any time of the day.
They are taught by experienced teachers, and are available in Hinglish & English – covering all the concepts you can possibly think of.Try Now
The best students spend 80% of their time practicing questions, and 20% learning theory. Improve your skills by practicing only the right questions.
At Toppr, we customize them for you by gradually increasing the degree of difficulty – for it ensures a full coverage of the scope of the examination.Try Now
Get your doubts cleared
A doubt can weaken your foundation, or even reduce your confidence.
Don’t get stuck at a doubt. Seek help immediately using our Doubts on Chat app. Here, you can get your queries solved 24x7 by a community of experts.Try Now
Take All-India Tests
All-India tests help you monitor your progress, and gauge how well prepared you are for D-day. On Toppr, you can compete with students from all over the country!Try Now
All you need to know about WBJEE
Facts, Syllabus & Pattern
- What is WBJEE?
- Syllabus for WBJEE
How to apply
- Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE
- Exam Pattern for WBJEE
- Registration for WBJEE
- Application Fee for WBJEE
- Exam Dates for WBJEE
- Admit Card for WBJEE
Results and Cut-off
- Answer Key for WBJEE
- Result for WBJEE
- Cut-off for WBJEE
- Counselling for WBJEE
How to Prepare
- Preparation Tips for WBJEE
- Study Material for WBJEE
- Previous Years’ Papers for WBJEE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts, Syllabus and Pattern
What is WBJEE?
WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is a state-level common entrance test organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. You can secure admission into an undergraduate Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy programme offered by various colleges and universities of West Bengal.
- You will be eligible for admissions into a total of 104 government colleges and self-financed Engineering and Technological institutes within the state
- Admissions to the participating institutes will be offered to you on the basis of your rank, through a common counselling held after the announcement of the result
- The 2017 result was announced on 5th June 2017
- Self-financed engineering colleges may also offer you admission on the basis of your merit in the All-India common entrance test, viz. JEE Main 2018
Syllabus for WBJEE
- Physical World, Measurements, Units and Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Power and Energy
- Bulk Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Electronics
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid State
- Liquid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds:
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Aliphatic Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids
- Aliphatic Amines
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application Oriented Chemistry
- Introduction to Biomolecules
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
- A.P., G.P., H.P.
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutation and Combination
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Sets, Relations and Mappings
- Statistics and Probability
- Complex Numbers
- Coordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Coordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Second Order Derivative
- Integral Calculus
- Application of Calculus
How to apply
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE
You should be at least 17 years old on 31st December 2018. There is no upper age limit to apply. However, for the specific course of Marine Engineering, you should not be above the age of 25 on 31st July 2018.
You must be an Indian citizen, and have a domicile of West Bengal – except for admission to private colleges.
You must have passed your 10+2 from a recognized council or board, with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, and Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or a Technical Vocational Subject (Engineering Drawing or Computer Science) as the other subjects.
Score in 12th grade (or equivalent) examination:
The minimum aggregate for the reserved category for admission to Jadavpur University is 60% for the general and 55% for the reserved category. For any other institute through WBJEE, you should have secured a minimum of 45% for the general and 40% for the reserved category.
Exam Pattern for WBJEE
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||155|
|Mode of examination||Offline (OMR) mode|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Marking scheme||1st Category: 1 mark each; 2nd and 3rd Categories: 2 marks each|
|Negative marking||1st Category: -0.25; 2nd Category: -0.5; 3rd Category: none|
- 1st Category: Single answer type question of one mark each, with a negative marking of -0.25. There are 50 such questions in Maths, 30 in Physics and 30 in Chemistry.
- 2nd Category: Single answer type question of two marks each, with a negative marking of -0.5. There are 15 such questions in Maths, 5 in Physics and 5 in Chemistry.
- 3rd Category: Each multiple answer type question carrying two marks each with no negative marking. Here the marks will be awarded for partially correct answers, but not for the wrong ones. There are 10 such questions in Maths, 5 in Physics and 5 in Chemistry.
Registration for WBJEE
- The WBJEE 2018 Application Form is available via an online process through the official WBJEE website
- You are required to upload scanned copies of the necessary documents
- You should keep printouts of the confirmation page for further use
- Latest Coloured Passport Size Photograph
- Left Hand Thumb Impression
- Registration Certificate or Admit Card or Mark Sheet of Class 10
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate
- PwD Certificate
- Income Certificate
Application Fee for WBJEE
- The application fee is Rs. 500 with the bank’s additional service charges
- The application fee payment can be made through online and offline modes
- You can pay the application fee via debit or credit card, net banking or through the e-challan of Allahabad Bank
Exam Dates for WBJEE
|Availability of information along with proforma for domicile and income certificates||28th December 2017||00:00 AM|
|Availability of WBJEE 2018 online application form||5th January 2018||00:00 AM|
|Last date for registration and application form filling||4th February 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for uploading documents||4th February 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for fee payment||4th February 2018||11:59 PM|
|Last date for printing the confirmation page||4th February 2018||11:59 PM|
|Window for correction||6th to 8th February 2018||5 PM|
|Admit card download||12th April 2018||00:00 AM|
|WBJEE 2018 Paper I (Mathematics)||22nd April 2018||11:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|WBJEE 2018 Paper II (Physics & Chemistry)||22nd April 2018||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Results||5th June 2018||00:00 AM|
The WBJEE 2018 Exam Centres will be distributed across several cities in West Bengal, and in Tripura, Agartala, Assam and Silchar.
Admit Card for WBJEE
Results and cut-off
Answer Key for WBJEE
Result for WBJEE
You will get to know your scores, marks or ranks through the WBJEE Result. In order to download the result, you will have to enter your application number, roll number and date of birth on the official WBJEE Website.
Additional information related to results can be found here.
- Enter your WBJEE 2018 roll number or application number and date of birth.
- Provide the security pin (as displayed on screen).
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The WBJEE 2018 result will now be visible on your system screen.
Cut-off for WBJEE
If you are aspiring for admissions into B.Tech programmes across the participating institutes of WBJEE, you need to secure at least the cut-off marks or above, in order to be eligible for admissions. WBJEE announces a separate cut-off for different undergraduate engineering programmes and institute-wise closing ranks.
The cut-off ranks for WBJEE 2017 are here.
Counselling for WBJEE
You will have to participate in e-counselling once you qualify. It includes the following stages:
- Online registration and fee payment
- Choice filling and locking
- Seat allotment
- Document verification and fee payment at reporting centres
Additional information on counselling can be found here.
- WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
- Printout of WBJEE 2018 or JEE Main 2018 Rank from website
- Higher Secondary or Class XII or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet
- Madhyamik or Class 10 or Equivalent Examination Admit Card
- WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment Letter
- Receipt of Online Counselling Registration Fee (E-challan receipt)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Pwd Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
How to Prepare
Preparation Tips for WBJEE
- Time-Management: Managing time is one of the most important factors that would have an impact on your score. Take as many online mock tests as possible to master the exam time.
- Constant Revision: Preparing for WBJEE involves a study of a vast variety of topics in each subject. Hence, it’s critical that you revise a topic multiple times so that your recall power is optimum on exam day.
- Strengths & Weaknesses: You should regularly assess your preparation to understand your strengths and weaknesses. It also helps you work on your improvement areas for an overall good score.
Study Material for WBJEE
- Arihant Series by D.C. Pandey
- Concepts of Physics (both volumes) by H.C. Verma
- MCQ Question Bank by D. Mukherjee
- Inorganic Chemistry NCERT Text Book
- Organic Chemistry Khan Academy Videos
- Arihant Series by Dr. S.K. Goyal
- Arihant Past Years’ AIEEE Papers
Previous Papers for WBJEE
Practising previous years’ WBJEE papers is important as it helps you simulate the real exam. Toppr provides you with a complete set of all question banks from previous years which you can practice to sharpen your skills.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What colleges can I get into through WBJEE?
Ans: After clearing WBJEE, you can get into the programmes offered by colleges across West Bengal.