NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 – Power Sharing
The subject deals with the right and duties of the citizens. Also, it is an important part of social science. Apart from that, the book provides information about democracies functioning and politics around it. NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 clarify all the concepts related to the chapter. Also, they are size-down to ease study.
The NCERT solutions give students a concrete-base for learning. Also, our team of specialists prepares these solutions so that they are easy to understand. Apart from that, they are in question/answer format which makes them simple to learn. Above all, we have the previous 10 years question papers for you to recognize the main topics. So, download the Toppr Android, iOS app or Signup free.
CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 – Power Sharing NCERT Solutions
Power-sharing refers to an agreement between different levels of government. Also, in it, the power divides into different levels. In it, the power is shared between the judiciary, legislature, and executives. Apart from that, it helps in achieving political stability.
Overview- In this chapter, we are going to discuss how the government delegated power between various administrative bodies. Also, it contains two stories of Belgium and Sri Lanka. Besides both these stories depict how the government shares power.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1
1.1 Belgium and Sri Lanka- First of all the topic describes the location and size of Belgium and its neighboring countries. After that, the topic discusses the density of various population. Above all, it tells about the tension that arose between the Dutch-speaking (Poor or middle-class) and French-speaking (Rich and elites) community during the 1950s or 1960s. Also, it contains what happens in Sri Lanka.
1.2 Majoritarianism in Sri Lanka- This topic covers the issue of how after independence in 1948. After that, the Sinhala community (Minority) dominated the government and favored only their community and not the population of Tamils (Majority). And the consequences it follows.
1.3 Accommodation in Belgium- This topic deals with, how Belgium’s resolve their French and Dutch issues. Also, the topic contains four important pointers which are mentioned below:
- The number of Dutch and French minister in the Parliament will be equal.
- Some powers were given to state governments of two areas of the country which belongs to the central government.
- A distinct government for the Capital city Brussels where the communities will have equal representatives.
- There will a third government is known as “Community Government” which belongs to a community.
1.3.1 Why Power Sharing is Desirable? – This topic talks about the two good things about power-sharing which are as follows:
- First reason- Because it reduces the possibilities of conflicts between the communities.
- Second reason- Is that it gives people the right to be consulted as they are affected by it.
1.4 Forms of Power Sharing- This topic deals with the various forms of power-sharing like:
- Horizontal distribution- Such as judiciary, legislature, executives.
- Vertical distribution- Such as sharing at a different level.
- Sharing between different groups (social) – Such as religious or linguistic groups.
- Other types of sharing- Such as political parties and pressure groups, etc.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 PDF by clicking on the button below
Solved Questions for You
Question 1: Which form of government is found in most of the countries of the world?
- Absolute monarchy
- Rule of the army
Answer: Democracy is a form of government in which the rulers are elected by the people. This is a form of government that is found in most of the countries of the world. Some countries are still trying to get a democratic form of government. Democracy improves the quality of decision making. Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens. A democratic government is a better government because it is a more accountable form of government.
Question 2: Which type of government is dominant in the contemporary world?
- People’s representative government
- Members of political groups
- Peoples of state governments
- None of these
Answer: A representative government is a type of government comprised of politicians who represent certain individuals or groups. In most cases, these representatives are voted for by citizens through a democratic process. The US Congress and the British Parliament, for example, are both representative governments because the politicians represent people from different parts of the country in the political arena.
Question 3: Which kind of laws is considered best for democratic reforms?
- Laws that empower people to carry out democratic reforms
- Law for the politicians and government servants.
- Laws for the students and teachers
- None of these
Answer: The Right to Information Act is a good example of a law that empowers the people to find out what is happening in government and act as watchdogs of democracy. Such a law helps to control corruption and supplements the existing laws that banned corruption and imposed strict penalties.
Question 4: Which of the following countries has the most stable democracy?
- Sri Lanka
Answer: The United States has the oldest working written Constitution on Earth. The Constitution is not just a piece of parchment that is consulted only when convenient or expedient, but a living document that has helped produce the most stable government in the world. No constitutional system today has endured so long. And no system has evoked so much admiration and bafflement. Many nations have sought, in varying degrees, to emulate American representative democracy.
Download Toppr – Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
- Adaptive practices- That designs questions according to your needs.
- Online Classes- That contains short videos that describe the topics.
- Mock Test- That helps you to keep check of your performance.
- Live Doubt- That are cleared by our experts.