Python random number generation module is applicable in many functions like lotteries, giveaways, and other games. To generate random number in Python, randint() function is used. Python has defined a set of functions under the random module to generate random numbers.
Python random number
To generate random numbers using the for loop, follow the program given below:
randomlist = 
for a in range(0,4):
q = random.randint(1,30)
[10, 5, 21, 1]
Random Number Generator Python
There are many modules under the random module used to generate random numbers. These include:
1. choice()- This function generates any random number from a list, tuple, or string.
2.randrange(beg, end, step): This function generates random numbers from a specified range and also allows steps to be included.
3. random(): This function is used to generate a random float number that is greater than or equal to 0 and less than 1.
4. shuffle(): This function is used to shuffle the position of the elements in a list.
5. uniform(a,b)– this function generates random float integers between 2 numbers.
What is random Randint in Python?
The random Randint() in Python is used to generate random numbers in Python. We need to provide a range for the Python program Once the range is defined, a random number is then generated.
This function returns a random number between a and b. Where n>a and n<b.
How do you pick a random number between 1 and 10 in Python?
To generate random numbers between 1 to 10 we can use the randint() method:
- This function returns any random number between 1 and 10.
from random import randrange
- The users can also return any random number between min, max range.
- Users can also change the parameters of the function to generate a number between 1 to 10.
x = random.randint(1,10)
How do you Generate a Random Number in a Range in Python?
In Python, if the user mentions the upper and the lower limits of a given range, a random number will be generated from that range. The random numbers will be stored in a list.
Input : num = 10, start = 40, end = 60
Output : [43, 60, 50, 53, 67, 46, 57, 47, 58, 48]
The output contains ten random numbers in the range [40, 60].
Input : num = 6, start = 11, end = 15
Output : [15, 11, 13, 15, 12, 11]
The output contains five random numbers in the range [11, 15].
To generate random numbers, Python has an inbuilt random module. Using this module and the random function, random numbers are generated.
def Rand(start, end, num):
res = 
for j in range(num):
# Driver Code
num = 10
start = 20
end = 40
print(Rand(start, end, num))
[23, 27, 28, 38, 20, 36, 37, 30, 33, 30]