The Central Board of Secondary Education is conducting the CBSE exams and today on 12th March was CBSE Class 10 Maths exam. The exam started at 10:30 AM and the duration of it was 3 hours. The difficulty level of the exam was easy to moderate level. Following is a detailed breakdown of CBSE Class 10t Maths exam.
Class 10 Maths Paper Analysis and Review
The gist of the exam is that it was easy to moderate level hard. It had 30 questions divided into 4 sections. From the reviews of exam experts, the toughest section seems to be section D. There were questions of 1, 2, 3 and 4 marks across these 4 sections. Compared to last year, this year’s paper was slightly more difficult. There were over 8 choice questions in this exam leaving students a breathing space and flexibility to perform their best.
In-depth Paper Analysis of the Class 10 Maths 2020 Exam
- The difficulty level of the exam was: easy to moderate
- The exam had 4 sections totalling to 80 marks.
- Section A consisted of 20 questions of 1 mark each. Total marks of Section A were 20.
- Section B consisted of 6 questions of 2 marks each. Total marks of Section B were 12.
- Section C consisted of 8 questions of 3 marks each. Total marks of Section C were 24.
- Section D consisted of 6 questions of 4 marks each. Total marks of Section D were 24.
- There were choice questions in the exam paper. However the choice wasn’t overall. It was internal between questions. There were two-choice questions of 1 mark each, two choice questions of 2 marks each, four-choice questions of 3 marks each and three choice questions of 4 marks each. This gave students flexibility as to what they chose to answer
- The toughest or one of the trickiest sections of the exam seems to be section D
- The most time-consuming section in the exam seems to be section D
- Syllabus coverage: Most of the questions in the exam were asked directly from the NCERT syllabus
- Average score expected by students overall: 60 to 70.