Schools and colleges across the nation have been closed due to the outbreak of Coronavirus. Several examinations have also been cancelled to contain the spread.
Mumbai: With the increasing number of coronavirus cases in the country, several examinations have been cancelled and put on hold. Schools and colleges as per the instructions received from the government have been ordered shut until March 31, 2020. This move was taken promptly as a measure to prevent the spreads of virus that has already affected various states. With the cases have been rising every day, many examinations have been postponed and schools have been closed for the safety of students and staff.
- The Chaudhary Charan Singh University has postponed all its examinations that were scheduled between March 18 to April 2, 2020, after an order received by the UP government. The revised dates for the examination are to be announced soon.
- CBSE Board has implemented a new rule for seat allocation during the examination. Earlier 24 students were allowed to sit in an examination hall, but seeing the increasing number of cases the number has been reduced to 12.
- Schools in UP will assess the students based on their overall performance of the year. The government has decided to promote students up to Class 8th to ensure the safety of the students.
- Private schools in Pune have decided to promote the students up to class 6th considering the outbreak. A final call is yet to be taken for government schools.
- Symbiosis International, a Deemed to be University has cancelled all its end term examinations. Since it follows a continuous evaluation system for UG and PG students, the same will considered to evaluate the students.
- The paper evaluation of UP 10th and 12th board examination has been ceased on account of the spread of coronavirus. The same will be resumed shortly once the situation is brought under control.
- IIT Bombay is scheduled to go under lockdown from March 20, 2020, onwards and strict restrictions are to be put on the visitors taking the safety of the students into account.
- RBI has postponed its recruitment examination for the post of assistant and the same has been notified on their official website.
- AMU has also decided to cancel all school examination that was to be held between March 22 to March 29.
- Haryana board has decided to cancel all board exams including all the remaining papers until March 31, 2020. A notification was also released advising parents and students to not panic.
- The Rohilkhand University has also cancelled all university exams until March 31, 2020. The University Controller of Examinations clarified that revised dates will be released only after getting more information from the administration.
- The Bihar School Examination Board has postponed the Bihar D.El.Ed Exam 2020 which was scheduled to be conducted on March 28. The new date has not been announced yet.
- The Rajasthan University has also postponed all the under graduate and post graduate examination after the MHRD directive. Revised dates will be shared on the official website.
- The ICSE Board examinations 10th and ISC examinations for 12th standards have also been postponed as per an issued notice. The revised dates have not bee announced and will be shared in due time.
- The Kendriya Vidhyalaya across the nation have also decided to cancel or postpone all examination until April. The examination for Standard 6 to Standard 8 have been cancelled.
- The Cluster University Srinagar (CUS) and Central University of Kashmir (CUK) have also postponed all examinations with immediate effect. The on-going admission process has also been cancelled.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Board has also cancelled all examinations until March 31, 2020. The graduation and post-graduation exams have also been cancelled. New dates are expected later.
- The University Grants Commission has also asked all universities to cease the on-going evaluation work to safeguard the health of evaluators and teachers.
We will keep updating this page, so bookmark this page and keep checking it.