Highlights on GATE 2021:
In view of Exam date of GATE 2021 approaching, IIT Bombay has issued examination guidelines for the candidates. As preventive measures for COVID -19, the candidates need to follow social distancing and all other instructions issued.
Mumbai: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has issued pre-examination guidelines for the GATE 2021 exam day on its official website. IIT Bombay released the exam day guidelines along with the process to be followed by the aspirants at the examination centre through a video.
The candidates need to follow the guidelines given below:
- They should reach the exam centre at least 1 hour prior to the commencement of examination to avoid crowding.
- The candidates need to follow the floor marks and rope queues outside the exam centre in order to maintain the social distancing.
- At the entry of the examination centre, the temperature will be checked using a Thermo gun and aspirants having a temperature more than 99.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be made to sit in the isolation room for the exams.
- Their Admit Card and Photo Id proof will be checked using the Barcode guns. They will also be provided with lab numbers.
- Students can only carry personal hand sanitiser bottle, masks, hand gloves, a simple pen/pencil, personal transparent water bottle, admit card and id proof with them.
- They need to complete biometric registration after reaching the lab.
- For getting the roll list signed, a staff member will approach candidates and will match the Candidate Id with the details provided by him/her at the time of GATE 2021 registration.
- After the GATE 2021 exam concludes the candidates must drop the admit card in the box kept at the exit while maintaining the social distancing.