1. All About NEET 2022
NEET 2022 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a competitive exam for medical aspirants, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NTA has been established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The exam is conducted twice every year in pen and paper mode for admission into undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS and other undergraduate medical courses. Students clearing NEET 2022 become eligible for admission in recognized Medical, Dental, AYUSH and other colleges and universities in India. NEET 2022 will be conducted in various languages like English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, and Urdu. Students clearing NEET are also eligible for admission into BVSc & AH courses.
Upon writing NEET, students are given an All India Rank (AIR) based on which counselling is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of DGHS. Aspiring candidates are advised to go through the NEET 2022 syllabus thoroughly in addition to the NEET exam pattern 2022. All information is available in the Information Bulletin on theofficial website for NEET.
In the coming sections, you will find information on NEET 2022 preparation, NEET 2022 date, steps to fill the NEET 2022 form, cut-off and much more.
Table of Contents
- All About NEET 2022
- What’s New in NEET 2022?
- NEET 2022 Exam Dates
- Steps for Online filling of Application form for NEET 2022
- Documents required to Apply Online for NEET 2022
- NEET 2022 Application Form Correction
- NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET Exam Pattern 2022
- NEET Syllabus 2022
- Details regarding NEET 2022 Admit Card
- Checklist to start NEET 2022 Preparation
- NEET 2022 Results
- NEET Answer Key 2022
- NEET Cut-off 2022
- NEET Rank List 2022
- NEET Reservation Criteria 2022
- NEET Online Coaching For 2022
2. What’s New in NEET 2022?
The notification for earlier NEET exams was released in October and the exam was held in the month of May. However, after the COVID-19 pandemic, the schedule for NEET exams has changed. It can be expected that the NEET 2022 exam date will be as per the 2021 schedule. The NEET 2022 exam will be different from the earlier exams in several ways, based on the Union Health Ministry’s recommendations. For instance, NEET 2022 will be the sole exam that will be conducted for entrance into medical courses all over India. Also, the exam is mandatory even for students who want to pursue medicine abroad. Several new states have joined the 15% All India Quota scheme. Furthermore, students can attempt NEET any number of times, but there are limitations on age for different courses. Aspirants who are attempting NEET will have to provide a valid identity proof to be allowed to attempt the exam. Make sure you read all instructions once the official website announces NEET 2022 exam date. It is also important to know the NEET syllabus 2022 to prepare thoroughly for the exam.
3. NEET 2022 Exam Dates
Here are the tentative NEET 2022 exam dates for candidates wishing to appear for the exam. Close to 16 lakh students appeared for the exam last year. This year too, the number of students attempting NEET 2022 could be close to 16 lakh or more. In the coming sections, you will find information on NEET 2022 syllabus, NEET exam pattern 2022, and so on.
|Applications released||November, 2021|
|Last date to apply||December, 2021|
|Last date to submit fee for NEET 2022 form||December, 2021|
|Opening of correction window||January, 2022|
|Release of admit card||April, 2022|
|NEET 2022 exam date||May, 2022|
|NEET 2022 results||June, 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||July, 2022|
4. Steps for Online filling of NEET 2022 Form
Once the NEET 2022 exam dates have come, one needs to finish the application process online on the official website. You need to provide details such as email ID, phone number, parent’s details, domicile information, and so on. You need to create a password for your login ID and also pay the application fee.
Step 1: Fill the NEET 2022 form
o First, click on ‘Apply Online’ on the official website and then click proceed.
o Keep details like date of birth, Aadhaar number, mobile number, email address and password ready.
o Choose the language in which you want to write the exam.
o Choose 3 preferred exam centres
Step 2: Upload documents
o Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature on the portal.
Step 3: Pay application fee
o When prompted, click on proceed and select your bank.
o Enter your bank and payment details and make the payment using debit or credit card, netbanking, or e-wallet.
Step 4: Confirmation
o The final confirmation page mentions all the details you have filled out in the NEET 2022 form.
o Save a PDF of this page for future reference.
The official website where applications are submitted also has the NEET 2022 syllabus.
5. Documents required to Apply Online for NEET 2022
To apply for NEET 2022, you need the following documents:
- Class 10 marksheet
- Recent passport size photograph and postcard size photograph
- Candidate’s left-thumb impression
- Signature of candidate
It’s advisable to apply well before the announced NEET 2022 date for application.
6. NEET 2022 Application Form Correction
After submitting the application form post announcement of the NEET 2022 exam date, if there are any mistakes in the NEET 2022 form, candidates can get the errors corrected by following a simple process online. Once the window for making corrections opens, a notification will be put up on the official website announcing this. Candidates wishing to correct their applications, for instance, errors in their names, or unclear photographs or signatures, can get these errors rectified. They will also be notified through SMS by the official authorities if required to get certain fields corrected. After submitting the required corrections, candidates may have to pay an additional fee. It’s essential to ensure that they are complete. Incomplete NEET 2022 form will result in rejection of the candidate and you cannot submit the NEET 2022 form again for the same NEET 2022 date.
7. NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
As per NEET 2022 eligibility criteria, candidates:
- Can be an Indian citizen or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals
- From the J&K state can appear for NEET 2022 under the All India 15% quota but through self-declaration.
- Should not be less than 17 years.
- Should have passed or appeared for 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects.
- Should have secured the following percentage of marks in qualifying exam (class 12):
o General category – 50% marks
o SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks
o Physically handicapped: General category – 45% marks
o Physically handicapped: SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks
8. NEET Exam Pattern 2022
The updated NEET exam pattern 2022 will be released by the NTA along with details on syllabus, exam mode and other instructions. According to previous year’s NEET exam pattern, there will be 180 multiple choice questions covering the three subjects (physics, chemistry and biology). Discussed here is the NEET exam pattern 2022, NEET syllabus 2022 is given in the upcoming sections.
There are 45 questions each in physics and chemistry and the remaining 90 questions are from biology. Total time allotted for the exam is 180 minutes. As per the NEET exam pattern 2022, four marks will be awarded for each correct answer and there will be negative marking of 1 for every incorrect answer.
|NEET Exam Pattern 2022|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs with 4 options)|
|Mode of examination||Pen and paper based test|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Number of questions||180|
|Marking scheme||4 marks awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada.|
For detailed information on chapters, refer NEET 2022 syllabus in the coming section. Here is the subject-wise breakdown of questions:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
9. NEET Syllabus 2022
Now that the NEET 2022 exam date is out, get ready to do your best in the exam! NEET syllabus 2022 is prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and covers topics from class 11 and 12 (physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology). Here is the detailed NEET 2022 syllabus:
Class 11 NEET 2022 syllabus
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
Class 12 NEET 2022 syllabus
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
Class 11 NEET 2022 syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
Class 12 NEET 2022 syllabus
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Class 11 NEET 2022 syllabus
- Diversity in the Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
Class 12 NEET 2022 syllabus
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
NEET 2022 preparation tips are covered in the coming sections.
10. Details regarding NEET 2022 Admit Card
After successfully filling the NEET 2022 form and submitting it online before the NEET 2022 exam date, the NEET admit card is released. You can download the admit card and take a print out of it. The card has details like:
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Roll number
- Exam date
- Duration of exam
- Reporting time
Make sure you carry the print out of your admit card to the exam hall, failing which you will not be allowed to write the exam. Take a print out well before the NEET 2022 date.
11. Checklist to start NEET 2022 Preparation
Once the NEET 2022 date is announced, create a strategy for the countdown days to ensure effective NEET 2022 preparation.
- Know the syllabus: For NEET 2022 exam, start your preparation with NCERT books. The NEET 2022 syllabus is mentioned here as well as on the official website. In addition, the NEET exam pattern 2022 is also given. Be thorough with both to avoid last-minute surprises.
- Study styles: To crack the NEET 2022 exam, use tricks to make your learning more efficient. For instance, your NEET 2022 preparation should include learning devices like mnemonics to remember concepts like scientific names, classification, and so on. Creating mind maps, flowcharts and notes also helps.
- Time management: Start by creating a timetable to maintain a balance between studies and leisure. The NEET 2022 exam is a highly competitive exam, so you need to be focused on doing your best.
- Doubt resolution: Solve doubts by asking questions in class, group discussions or using apps. The 24/7 doubt resolution feature on the Toppr app is a great way to solve doubts for the NEET 2022 exam.
- Online mock tests: Ace NEET 2022 effortlessly with mock tests. You can find lots of mock tests from the All India test series on Toppr. Try attempting mock tests in 3 hours to simulate the actual exam situation. To know the best study material for NEET 2022 preparation, read on.
Study Material for NEET 2022:
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I & Vol II
- Companion Biology by K. Bhatti (Dinesh Publication)
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- AIIMS Explorer by M.T.G. Publication
- Trueman’s Objective Biology
- NCERT – Biology – Part 1 and Part 2
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT by Anil Aggarwal
- NCERT – Physics – Part 1 and Part 2
- Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations by D.C. Pandey
- Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- NCERT Books
- Objective Chemistry for NEET by R.K. Gupta
- Previous Years’ Papers for NEET
12. NEET 2022 Results
- NEET Results 2022 will be declared online in June.
- The cut-off is announced after the declaration of results.
- Scorecard is also sent to candidates online.
- Candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list can attend the counselling for admission.
13. NEET Answer Key 2022
- The official answer key is released within a week after the NEET 2022 date.
- Using this, you can compare your answers to predict your score in the exam.
- If you find that an answer in the answer key is not correct, you can challenge it. For this, you need to pay a fee of Rs.1000/- per challenged question.
14. NEET Cut-off 2022
NEET cut off for previous years was:
|Category||NEET cutoff percentile||NEET 2020 cut off scores||NEET cutoff 2019 scores|
Cut-off is the minimum score that has to be obtained to qualify for the competitive exam. Students who clear the cut-off can register themselves for the counselling for admission into medical courses.
15. NEET Rank List 2022
The MCI (Medical Council of India), DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services), and the DCI (Dental Council of India) have instructed the preparation of a merit list for 15% All India Quota. Candidates will be informed about their counselling based on their ranking order.
16. NEET Reservation Criteria 2022
Here are the reservation criteria for NEET 2022.
|General Economically Weaker section||10%|
|Other backward castes||27%|
|Persons with disabilities||5%|
17. NEET Online Coaching for 2022
If you are looking for NEET 2022 preparation that puts you in the top 1% percentile, sign up for the Toppr NEET program. With Toppr, you can learn from the comfort of your home, get your doubts cleared 24/7, practice with unlimited tests online and learn from LIVE classes led by NEET experts. Sign up for a program now to win attractive scholarships and ace your NEET 2022 preparation!
Toppr’s NEET 2022 preparation program is for students who wish to join India’s top medical colleges. It is a year-long online program that has various features like LIVE classes, mock tests, practice questions and one-on-one personal mentoring. The program includes full NEET syllabus 2022 coverage for NEET and much more.
With the Toppr NEET program, you will get unlimited access to Toppr features for NEET 2022. This program comprises practice questions based on NEET exam pattern 2022, all India level NEET mock tests and much more.
Question 1: Is NEET conducted only once a year?
Answer: NEET is now conducted two times a year, in May and October.
Question 2: Will NEET 2022 syllabus be changed as a result of the pandemic?
Answer: No such announcements have been made by the official authorities. If there is a change in NEET syllabus 2022, it will first be published on the official website.
Question 3: Can class 12 students write NEET 2022?
Answer: If you passed out of class 12 with the minimum qualifying marks, you can write NEET. If you are still pursuing class 12, you can appear for the exam, but you will qualify the exam only if you secure the minimum qualifying marks in class 12 boards.
Question 4: Which colleges can I get into after giving NEET?
Answer: With NEET scores, you stand a chance of getting into all central and state government colleges, private institutions and minority institutions.
Question 5: What if I have more queries?
Answer: In case your queries are not answered above, please contact us at [email protected]