NCERT Solutions for Class 9 History Chapter 5 – Pastoralists in the Modern World
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 History Chapter 5- Pastoralists in the Modern World enables the students to gain knowledge of the lives of the pastoralists. This chapter is not widely popular so it gets tough to get hold of study material for it. But worry not, our NCERT Solutions will help you obtain good content with easy language. It will certainly help students get a better understanding of the chapter.
Toppr comes with a lot of user-friendly features that make it easy for you to gain knowledge. We are your one-stop for all the NCERT solutions required for your CBSE curriculum. We promise to offer loads of content and study material which will help you excel academically.
History can get boring sometimes because of too much theory. Students need easy ways to learn it better. We help you with this problem through our NCERT Solutions. Our Toppr app will give you access to all these solutions without any hassle. Download the Toppr app for Android and iOS. You can also Signup with us for free.
Download NCERT Solutions for Class 9 here
CBSE Class 9 History Chapter 5 – Pastoralists in the Modern World NCERT Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 History Chapter 5 teaches the students all they need to know about nomadic pastoralists. Subsequently, it will discuss the importance of pastoralism in countries like India and Africa. After this chapter, students will get a better view of this topic which is generally ignored in textbooks. In other words, it will help you understand their impact and way of living in a better manner. Thus, our NCERT Solutions will guide you through it efficiently.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 9 History Chapter 5
1. Pastoral Nomads and their Movements-
This topic introduces the students to the movements of the pastoral nomads. It divides into sub-parts of:
- 1.1 In the Mountains- This section teaches about the pastoral nomads residing in the mountains. In addition, it shows how different communities of different regions lead to their life.
- 1.2 On the Plateaus, Plains and Deserts- The pastoral community living in the plateau, plains and deserts will be discussed here. Furthermore, it lists the different communities and their way of living.
2. Colonial Rule and Pastoral Life-
Over here, the drastic change that took place because of colonialism is discussed here. Similarly, it shows how this colonial rule had an impact on their lives through the following sub-headings:
- 2.1 How Did these Changes Affect the Lives of Pastoralists? – Students will learn what changes the lives of pastoralists underwent after colonialism. For instance, it discusses how there became a shortage of pastures after that.
- 2.2 How Did the Pastoralists Cope with these Changes? – This section talks about the different ways which the pastoralists adopted to adapt to these changes.
3. Pastoralism in Africa-
Over here, students will learn about the pastoral community of Africa. Above all, it has different sub-sections to help students understand it in detail:
- 3.1 Where have the Grazing Lands Gone? – This section discusses the loss of grazing lands after colonial rule. Moreover, it throws light on the reasons for this loss.
- 3.2 The Borders are Closed- Students will learn how the government restricted the mobility of the pastoralists over here. Further, it discusses its impact on them.
- 3.3 When Pastures Dry- This section throws light on what happens when the pastures dry. It discusses the impact of drought on the lives of pastoralists.
- 3.4 Not All were Equally Affected- Students will notice how colonialism did not affect all the pastoralists. This section shows how some of the pastoral communities remain unaffected to date.
Conclusion- This section concludes the chapter with how pastoralists adapted to the changes throughout the times. It discusses their importance in today’s modern world.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 9 History Chapter 5 PDF by clicking on the download button below
Download Toppr – Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
Toppr covers all the vital questions and solutions from the examination point of view. It will help students to advance knowledge of various historical concepts to better prepare for their exams. We offer you free PDF downloads, free online classes, free video lectures and free doubt solving sessions. Our faculties are highly adaptive and are very friendly. We are just a click away. Download Toppr app for Android and iOS or Signup for free.