NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 – Work, Energy, and Power
Physics is a crucial part of Physics which aims to explain the behavior of objects. Moreover, it helps a lot to those students that want to be a physicist. In this NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6, we are discussing the Laws of Motion and the things related to it. Above all, the topics are explained in a detailed manner and in easy language.
Our team of proficient teachers has prepared these NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6. Also, you can learn the topics of the solutions at your convenience. Besides, they will help to improve your grade.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 Work, Energy, and Power NCERT Solutions
We all have heard ‘Work is Worship’. But not in Physics. In Physics, Work is the product of Force and Distance. When talking about Work, we come across terms like Energy, Power, Distance, Displacement, Force and lot more. In this chapter, we’ll learn about Work, Energy, and Power.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6
- Collisions – Collision means two objects coming into contact with each other for a very short period.
- Concepts of Potential Energy – Potential energy is basically that form of energy that’s stored in an object due to its position in comparison to a certain zero position.
- Conservation of Mechanical Energy – Have you ever wondered how an automatic mechanical watch works? At the center of its complicated motion lies one of the most basic principles of classical physics: The law of conservation of mechanical energy.
- Potential Energy of a Spring – Have you ever noticed that the spring regains its normal shape despite the force you put while compressing or stretching it? Why do you need to exert extra stress to change the position of a spring? The secret is the stored Spring potential energy. The physics behind the work, energy, and force of elastic substances like springs
- Power – Power, like work, is a scalar quantity. It is denoted by P and its SI unit is watt (W). This unit is named after Scottish scientist James Watt, who is credited with the invention of the steam engine.
- The Scalar Product – Velocity, displacement, force, and acceleration are different types of vectors. Is there a way to find the effect of one vector on another? Can vectors operate in different directions and still affect each other? The answer lies in the Scalar product.
- Work and Kinetic Energy – We all have heard the stories of great explorers who sailed the unknown seas in their sailboats. Those were the days before any engine was in existence. They only relied on wind to move their huge ships. How does the wind move such objects? The answer lies in the principles of Kinetic energy.
- Work-Energy Theorem – The term “work” is used in everyday life quite frequently and we understand that it’s an act of doing something. For example, you are working right now on your grasp of Physics by reading this article! But, Physics itself might not agree on this. The Work-energy theorem explains the reasons behind this Physics of no work!
- Various Forms of Energy – The Law of Conservation of Energy – Energy is simply the capacity of an object to do work. Energy change occurs during most events and processes in the Universe. In all of these Energy, conservation is followed! Our Universe has a fixed amount of energy. Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed, it may change form.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 6 by clicking on the download button below
Download Toppr – Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
Toppr also gives other benefits apart from Free NCERT Solutions like the mock test, live classes, adaptive practices, and online classes. So, download the Toppr iOS, Android app or Signup for free now.