NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology for Chapter 20 – Locomotion and Movement
First of all, the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology for Chapter 20 is a brilliant tool that helps students. It also lets students learn and revise the whole syllabus efficiently. Moreover, these solutions are so easy that it will eventually help students to score better in exams and tests.
Class 11 will serve as a base for class 12 so if the basics of the students are not clear then they won’t be able to score well. So to clear their doubts and basics we have prepared these solutions that will prove very beneficial for students. Apart from this, these solutions are available in PDF format and are available for free.
Toppr provides free study materials, previous year question papers, 1000+ hours of video lectures for free. Download Toppr for Android, iOS, or signup for free here.
Download NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology here
Download NCERT Solutions for Class 11 here
Download NCERT Solutions for all subjects here
CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 20 Locomotion and Movement NCERT Solutions
Movement refers to the moves that a living organism makes by bringing change in its position. While locomotion refers to change in position due to movement. Moreover, both the vertebrates and invertebrates show locomotion and movement.
Sub topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 20
20.1 Types of Movement
This topic discusses the various types of Movement that a body makes. Besides, the cell in the human body exhibit 3 types of movement namely amoeboid, muscular, and ciliary.
- Amoeboid movement- Cells like leucocytes, and macrophages show this movement.
- Muscular movement- These movement cause change in the position of our limbs, tongue, jaws, etc.
- Ciliary movement- These mostly happen in internal tubular organs.
Muscle is a specialized tissue of mesodermal origin. Also, 40-50 % of human weight consists of muscles. Besides, based on their location 3 types of muscles are identified in the body.
- Skeletal Muscles- They are also called Striated muscles because of their striped appearance. And they are linked with skeletal components of the body.
- Visceral Muscles- They locates in the inner hollow wall of visceral muscles. They are also known as smooth muscles because of their non-striated appearance.
- Cardiac Muscles- They are the muscles of the heart. Many cardiac cells come together to form a branching pattern to form a cardiac muscle.
Above all, the topic describes the mechanism and structure of these muscles in detail.
20.2.1 Structure of Contractile Proteins- This topic describes what is Contractile Proteins, how they form, how they look (their structure) and what function do they perform.
20.3 Skeletal System
This topic describes the framework of the cartilages and bones that form the Skeletal System. Likewise, the human body has 206 bones and few cartilages in the body.
- Axial skeleton-It refers to those 80 bones that distributed along the axis. Besides, the axis includes the skull, sternum, ribs, and vertebral column.
After this, the topic defines Axial bones in detail like how they work, how they move, what additional function they perform, etc.
This topic is the overview of all the joints in the body and how they function. Moreover, locomotory movement is no exception to joints movement.
- Fibrous Joints- These joints do not show any movement like skull bones.
- Synovial Joints- These joints have fluids present in it like ball and socket joints of knees and shoulders.
- Cartilaginous Joints- These bones are joints with the help of cartilages like the vertebral column.
20.5 Disorders of Muscular and Skeletal System
- Myasthenia Gravis- The Disorder of neuromuscular junctions.
- Muscular Dystrophy- Genetic disorder of skeletal muscles.
- Tetany- Wood contractions in muscles due to low calcium ions.
- Arthritis- Inflammation of joints.
- Osteoporosis- Disorder of decreased bone mass due to age.
- Gout- Joint inflammation due to accumulated uric acid crystals.
Summary- This topic sums up all the content of the chapter in some Paras that is easier to understand.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 20 PDF by clicking on the button below.
Download Toppr – Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
Apart from this solution, Toppr has all subjects-wise and chapter-wise solutions that will not only help you but your friends too. Additionally, they are very beneficial in the long run. For your further assistance, we provide some other benefits like free PDFs, tutorial videos, adaptive practices, mock test, live doubts, and a few other features. Download Toppr for Android, iOS, or signup for free here.