Group dynamics deals with the attitudes and behavioral patterns of a group. It can be used as a means for problem-solving, teamwork, and to become more innovative and productive as an organization. The concept of group dynamics will also provide you with the strengths, success factors and measures along with other professional tools.
Browse more Topics under Group Dynamics
- Classification of Group Dynamics
- Group Dynamics and Group decision making
- Stages of Group Formation
- Principles of the Group Dynamics
- Group Cohesiveness
Meaning and Definitions of Group Dynamics
The term ‘group dynamics’ means the study of forces within a group. Since human beings have an innate desire for belonging to a group, group dynamism is bound to occur. In an organization or in a society, we can see groups, small or large, working for the well-being.
The social process by which people interact with one another in small groups can be called group dynamism. A group has certain common objectives & goals. Because of which members are bound together with certain values and culture.
Importance of Group Dynamism
- Firstly, a group can influence the way the members think. The members are always influenced by the interactions of other members in the group. A group with a good leader performs better as compared to a group with a weak leader.
- The group can give the effect of synergy, that is, if the group consists of positive thinkers then its output is more than double every time.
- Group dynamism can furthermore give job satisfaction to the members.
- The group can also infuse the team spirit among the members.
- Even the attitude, insights & ideas of members depend on group dynamism. For example, negative thinkers convert to positive thinkers with the help of the facilitator.
- Also, if the group works as a cohesive group, the cooperation and convergence can result in maximization of productivity
- Furthermore, group dynamism can reduce labor unrest. Lastly, it reduces labor turnover due to emotional attachment among the group members.
Stages of Group Development
The following are the five stages of group development
Questions on Group Dynamics
Ques 01. Understanding how team decisions are made falls into which stage of development?