In the last few years, there are questions from the geography of India that are being asked in the various banks’ exams. Thus, it becomes important to prepare for such topics. One of the topics that you need to prepare for is important places in India. This is a very broad topic but we will try to help you with all the important places in India.
Important Places in India
India is home to many good places in the world. If you want to know about the places in India, you have to look at it from two perspectives.
One is historical places in India and another is the places worth seeing in India. Historical places have exhibited so much in the rich culture of India.
Many of these places are also a part of world heritage. Here are some of the historical places in India.
|Name of places||Location|
|Sun temple (Surya mandir)||Konark|
|Dilwara temple||Mount Abu|
|Buland Darwaza||Fatehpur Sikhri|
The above historic places give you a flavor of their rich culture and heritage. Besides these places, there are many places in India which are worth visiting for. Thus, these are the important places in India that everyone should visit.
Learn more about Indian Classical and Folk Dances here in detail
Most Beautiful Places in India
|Gateway of India||Mumbai|
|Tower of Science||Mumbai|
|Ajanta and Ellora||Aurangabad|
These were some of the important places in India based on the location it is situated. There are many other places in every state that are worth visiting for! Below are the places in India to visit based on the states it is located.
- In West Bengal, the important places to visit are Fort William, Nakhoda Masjid, St.Paul’s Cathedral, Indian Museum, Botanical garden, Birla Planetarium, etc.
- Rajasthan is a home to so many historical and culturally rich places. These places are Hawa Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Birla Mandir, Nahargarh Fort, Albert museum hall, etc.
- Delhi is the national capital of India and is also home to many important places in India. These places are Raj Ghat, Humayun’s tomb, Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Lodhi gardens, Jantar Mantar, Lotus temple, Shanti Van, etc.
- In Maharastra the important places includes Malabar Hills, Ajanta caves, Elephanta Caves, etc.
- Karnataka is a state which lies in the South of India. This state also has many important places. Some of these important places are Coorg, Lal Bagh Garden, Mysore Palace, Brindaban garden, Gomateshwara statue, etc.
- Madhya Pradesh is considered as one of the largest states in India. It includes places like Gwalior, Jhansi, Khajuraho temple, Kanha Tiger reserve, Panchmarhi, etc.
- Tamil Nadu is the Southernmost state in India. So, it includes many important places like Kalpakkam, Mahabalipuram, Marina beach, Meenakshi temple, Brihadeshwar temple, etc.
Q. Out of the following states, which state is not situated in the North?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C. Jharkhand
Q. Junagarh Fort is located in which city of India?