NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Economics Chapter 2 – Sectors of the Indian Economy
Economics is an exciting subject especially when you want to learn and know about the economy. Also, the subject is an essential part of Class 10 course. Apart from that, the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Economics Chapter 2 is one which gives you the correct information of the Chapter. Above all, we have the last 10 years question papers that will help you to identify the important topics.
These solutions are arranged and compiled by our team of professionals who understand the need and importance of them. Also, the solutions contain all the question/answer and exercises mentioned in the Chapter. So download the Toppr iOS, Android app or Signup without any charge.
Download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 here.
CBSE Class 10 Economics Chapter 2 – Sectors of Indian Economy NCERT Solutions
We already know what is the economy. But, we do not know anything about the various sector of an economy. In this chapter, we are going to discuss the various sector of the economy. Sectors of an economy refer to a group of an industry that is engaged in the same field of work or services.
Overview- This topic deals with all the content of this Chapter. These include the various sectors of the economy.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Economics Chapter 2
2.1 Sectors of Economic Activities- This topic discuss the various activities in which people are engaged. Also, it contains pictures of various economic activities. After that, it discusses the three sectors of an economy. i.e.
- Primary Sector- Known as producers like food, livestock, fiber, etc.
- Secondary Sector- Known as manufacturers like clothes, car, etc.
- Tertiary Sector- Known as the service sector like vendors, transportation, etc.
2.2 Comparing the Three Sectors- This topic discusses the various ways in which the three sectors work together. Also, it talks about how to calculate the total production of these sectors.
- GDP- The Gross Domestic Product is the total of all the final goods manufactured during the year.
2.2.1 Historical Changes in Sectors- This discusses the ways in which the sectors have developed over the year.
2.3 Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Sectors in India- This topic explains with the help of various GDP graph the functioning of these three sectors. Also, the topic covers various type of employment such as:
- Unemployment- When a person doesn’t have a job.
- Disguised Unemployment- When a person doesn’t get a job according to his skills or qualifications.
- Underemployment- When more than the required persons engages in a job.
2.3.1 How to create more Employment? – This topic actively takes about ways of creating more employment in various sector. Also, the various schemes implemented by the government to fight unemployment.
2.4 Division of Sectors as Organized and Unorganized- This topic with the help of various examples talks about the ways by which can divide organized and unorganized sectors.
- Organized Sector- Where people get a regular job.
- Unorganized Sector- Where people do not have an assurance of regular work.
2.4.1 How to Protect Workers in the Unorganized Sector? – This topic covers ways by which the workers of the Unorganized Sector can be saved from exploitation.
Summing Up- This topic sums up all the content of this Chapter in small paragraph form.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Economics Chapter 2 PDF by clicking on the button below
Download Toppr – Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
Toppr provides you with various additional benefits that ease your learning like:
- Online Classes- Contains short videos of all the contents of the Chapter.
- Chat with tutors- Who will answer all your queries and doubts.
- Adaptive practice- That designs questions according to your requirement.
- Mock test- help you prepare for your exams and test.