NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2 – Structure of Atoms
Toppr.com is one of the leading in the field of online tutoring that provides you free PDF for download. In this article, we are providing you free PDF of NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 2 which is the Structure of Atom. This chapter is solved by our subject matter expert and prepared as per the NCERT guidelines. Also, the PDF consists of the exercise questions along with solutions that can help you revise the complete syllabus and thereby help you score higher marks.
Additionally, you can also register for other courses like NEET, engineering, IIT JEE, and medical entrance exams. So, download Toppr learning and get free access to live classes, free PDF and much more stuff for classes 6 to 12 along with all other benefits.
NCERT chemistry for class 11 chemistry chapter 2, which is the structure of atoms belongs to the unit 2 of the syllabus. Unit 1 and unit 2 combines hold a weightage of 11 marks in class 11 main exam. In this chapter, students will get to know more about the discovery of protons, electrons, neutrons, and their different characteristics. Furthermore, this chapter discusses Rutherford, Thomson, and Bohr’s models. Also, it discusses important features in a quantum mechanical model, Planck’s quantum theory, and nature of Electromagnetic radiation.
This chapter also talks about de Broglie reaction, features of atomic spectra, photoelectric effect, and Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle. The students will get to learn about the charge to mass ration in an electron, atomic number and mass number, charge on the electron, etc. Furthermore, it discusses wave nature in the electromagnetic radiation, Bohr’s hydrogen models, and dual behavior of matter.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2 – Structure of Atoms NCERT Solutions
Through this chapter, students will understand the quantum mechanical model of the atom and Bohr’s limitation towards the model. Furthermore, they will know about the quantum mechanics model for the atom, quantum numbers, and orbitals, energies of orbitals, the shape of atomic orbitals, etc.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2
- Ex 2.1 – Sub-atomic Particles
- Ex 2.1.1 – Discovery Of Electron
- Ex 2.1.2 – Charge To Mass Ratio Of Electron
- Ex 2.1.3 – Charge On The Electron
- Ex 2.1.4 – Discovery Of Protons And Neutrons
- Ex 2.2 – Atomic Models
- Ex 2.2.1 – Thomson Model Of Atom
- Ex 2.2.2 – Rutherford’s Nuclear Model Of Atom
- Ex 2.2.3 – Atomic Number And Mass Number
- Ex 2.2.4 – Isobars And Isotopes
- Ex 2.2.5 – Drawbacks Of Rutherford Model
- Ex 2.3 – Developments Leading To The Bohr’s Model Of Atom
- Ex 2.3.1 – Wave Nature Of Electromagnetic Radiation
- Ex 2.3.2 – Particle Nature Of Electromagnetic Radiation: Planck’s Quantum Theory
- Ex 2.3.3 – Evidence For The Quantized* Electronic Energy Levels: Atomic Spectra
- Ex 2.4 – Bohr’s Model For Hydrogen Atom
- Ex 2.4.1 – Explanation Of Line Spectrum Of Hydrogen
- Ex 2.4.2 – Limitations Of Bohr’s Model
- Ex 2.5 – Towards Quantum Mechanical Model Of The Atom
- Ex 2.5.1 – Dual Behaviour Of Matter
- Ex 2.5.2 – Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle
- Ex 2.6 – Quantum Mechanical Model Of Atom
- Ex 2.6.1 – Orbitals And Quantum Numbers
- Ex 2.6.2 – Shapes Of Atomic Orbitals
- Ex 2.6.3 – Energies Of Orbitals
- Ex 2.6.4 – Filling Of Orbitals In Atom
- Ex 2.6.5 – Electronic Configuration Of Atoms
- Ex 2.6.6 – Stability Of Completely Filled And Half Filled Subshells.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2 PDF by clicking on the download button below
On Toppr, you will get features like online classes, adaptive practice, mock tests, live doubts session, and lives classes. Through these features, you will definitely be able to score the desired marks at the comfort of your home. Download Toppr for Android and iOS or signup for free.