NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 11 – The p-Block Elements
Toppr.com is one of the leading online tutoring company in India. We provide you with free PDFs for NCERT solutions prepared by our subject experts. Also, in the article, we will discuss the NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 11. This chapter, the p-block elements are prepared as per the NCERT guidelines by the subject experts
Also, exercise questions of the p-block elements are given along with the solutions so to help you revise the entire syllabus and score higher marks. Furthermore, you can register for online coaching of NEET, IIT JEE, and various medical and engineering entrance examinations. By downloading the Toppr learning app you will access to free PDFs, online test, live classes and much more.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 11 The p-Block Elements NCERT Solutions
The p-block elements deal with the elements that are present in the p-block of the modern periodic table. There are variations in properties in the p-block elements due to the influence of d and f electrons present in the inner core of heavier elements.
Also, after this chapter is done, students will be able to learn about trends in the chemistry of p-block elements. Additionally, they will know about trends in the chemical and physical properties of group 13 and 14 elements and explain the anomalous behavior of carbon and boron.
Also, they will describe the allotropic forms of carbon and know the chemistry about the compounds of carbon, boron, and silicon. Some of the concepts described in group 13 elements are the atomic radii, the boron family, electronegativity, chemical and physical properties, some of the important compounds of borax, boron, etc.
Additionally, the concepts used in group 14 elements are electronic configuration, carbon family, covalent radius, electronegativity, physical and chemical properties, allotropes of carbon, graphite, diamond, etc.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 11
Chapter 11 of chemistry class 11, the p-block elements is a part of unit 11. The total weight of unit 8, 9, 10, and 11 is of 16 marks. You can get a 100% accurate NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry on Toppr which is solved by our subject experts. Following are the topics and subtopics in the p-block elements chapter:
- Ex 11.1 – Group 13 Elements: The Boron Family
- Ex 11.1.1 – Electronic Configuration
- Ex 11.1.2 – Atomic Radii
- Ex 11.1.3 – Ionization Enthalpy
- Ex 11.1.4 – Electronegativity
- Ex 11.1.5 – Physical Properties
- Ex 11.1.6 – Chemical Properties
- Ex 11.2 – Important Trends And Anomalous Properties Of Boron
- Ex 11.3 – Some Important Compounds Of Boron
- Ex 11.3.1 – Borax
- Ex 11.3.2 – Orthoboric Acid
- Ex 11.3.3 – Diborane, B2H6
- Ex 11.4 – Uses Of Boron And Aluminium And Their Compounds
- Ex 11.5 – Group 14 Elements: The Carbon Family
- Ex 11.5.1 – Electronic Configuration
- Ex 11.5.2 – Covalent Radius
- Ex 11.5.3 – Ionization Enthalpy
- Ex 11.5.4 – Electronegativity
- Ex 11.5.5 – Physical Properties
- Ex 11.5.6 – Chemical Properties
- Ex 11.6 – Important Trends And Anomalous Behaviour Of Carbon
- Ex 11.7 – Allotropes Of Carbon
- Ex 11.7.1 – Diamond
- Ex 11.7.2 – Graphite
- Ex 11.7.3 – Fullerenes
- Ex 11.7.4 – Uses Of Carbon
- Ex 11.8 – Some Important Compounds Of Carbon And Silicon
- Ex 11.8.1 – Carbon Monoxide
- Ex 11.8.2 – Carbon Dioxide
- Ex 11.8.3 – Silicon Dioxide, Sio2
- Ex 11.8.4 – Silicones
- Ex 11.8.5 – Silicates
- Ex 11.8.6 – Zeolites
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 11 PDF by clicking on the button below
Download Toppr – Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
On Toppr, you will get features like online classes, adaptive practice, mock tests, live doubts session, and lives classes. Through these features, you will definitely be able to score the desired marks at the comfort of your home. Download Toppr for Android and iOS or signup for free.