NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Geography Chapter 5 – Water
For its course of study the CBSE board recommends the use of NCERT books. Also, these books provide full information on the subjects. So, to help you we have prepared these NCERT Solutions for you subject-wise and chapter-wise to make it easier for you to find it. In this Solution, we are going to discuss the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Geography Chapter 5 water. Also, water happens to be the most basic necessity for all life forms on the earth.
These solutions are designed for the convenience and ease of students. Also, they will help them to improve their grades in exams.
These NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths for Chapter 5 prepared by our experts who understand the student’s mindset. Also, they make complex explanations simpler so that students can easily understand them. Apart from that, the solutions are available on Toppr for free of cost in PDF format.
Toppr offers you effective study materials along with 1000+ hours of video lectures and more, all this for free of cost. You can download the app of Toppr for Android and iOS. You may also Signup for free.
CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 5 – Water
Water is the basic necessity that all living and non-living thing requires. Although it covers 70% of earth’s surface the fresh water is available in only 2.5%.
Introduction- This topic tells what is water and also describes the process of the water cycle. Also, the topic mentions the various source of freshwater like rivers, springs, glaciers, and ponds, etc.
After this topic, there is a world map that has all major rivers, lakes, and seas mentioned in it.
Sub-topics covered under NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Geography Chapter 5
Distribution of Water
This topic discusses the distribution of water on the earth’s surface. Also, the distribution is mentioned below:
Freshwater Lakes: 0.009
Inland seas and Salt lakes: 0.009
This topic tells that ocean water is never still it moves continuously without even stopping. Also, according to their movement, they are broadly categorized as tides, waves, and currents.
- Waves- The process of water surface rising and falling alternatively is called waves. Also, during different climatic conditions waves grow or shrink in size and height.
- Tsunami- Is a large tidal wave that causes damage to life and property on earth. Also, in this topic, India’s 2004 Tsunami is briefly described.
- Tides- They are the rhythmic rise and fall of the ocean water twice on a daily basis. Also, this happens due to the gravitational pull of the moon.
As we have discussed earlier that ocean water is not still it moves continuously. Also, we call this movement Current. The current flow in a definite direction. Besides, the current can be warm or cold. However, the warm current usually generates near the equator and cold current generates towards the poles. Also, the current manipulate the climatic condition of the region.
You can download NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Geography Chapter 5 by clicking on the download button below
Download Toppr- Best Learning App for Class 5 to 12
- Online classes- That is available at your ease and convenience.
- Live classes- That explains the topic to a group of students live.
- Mock test- Chapter wise test to justify your learning.
- Adaptive learning- Specially designed test according to your need.
- Live doubt solving – That clears all your queries and doubts 24×7.