One of the simplest methods used to analyze the data and to display the data is in tabular form. In the tabular form, you get a systematic arrangement of rows and columns. The first column is used to indicate the titles and the first row is also used to indicate the same. It is very accurate as well as an easy method to display the data. Although this is a simple method, it can be time-consuming as well. To solve this section easily we will provide you with some tips and tricks.
Tips to solve tabular form questions
- This technique can be very time-saving and can be particularly helpful when the options are not very close. In this technique, you have to calculate everything by rounding it up to ‘0’ as the last digit.
- While looking at the data, be sure that you are in the right column and row. Try and check the information as carefully as you can.
- While carefully going through the data be absolutely sure about the units that are used. This will be helpful when there are conversions asked. A single ‘0’ can make your answer wrong.
- Before solving the question have a look at the options as well. If they are not very close then try and solve as quickly as you can.
- While looking at the options do note whether they are in percentage or decimal. This will help you when you start solving the question. And in the end, if you are required to convert your answer as well.
Source: Wikimedia Commons
The table below shows the number of the mobile phones that were sold by the showroom in the years from 2006 to 2010. Answer the below questions based on the information given in the table.
|Years / Showroom||A||B||C||D||E||F|
Q. How many percentages of mobile phones were sold by the showroom E in 2008 less than the showroom A in 2010?
A. 10 B. 12
C. 14 D. 16
The total number of mobile phones there were sold by E in 2008 = 239.
The total number of mobile phones there were sold by P in 2010 = 278.
So, the reduction in percentage will be ((278 – 239)/278) * 100 = 14.02 %
As the values in the question are rounded off to nearest integer the correct answer 14%. So the correct option is B.
Q. What will be an average number of mobile phones sold by all the showrooms in the year 2007?
A. 215 B. 222
C. 208 D. 213
We know the formula for the average which is total mobiles sold in 2007/number of stores.
Here total number of mobile phones = (178 + 272 + 269 + 98 + 379 + 198) = 1294
Number of mobile showrooms are 6.
So, 1294/6 = 215.66.
So the correct answer is 215.
Browse more Topics under Data Interpretation
- Bar Graph
- Line Chart
- Caselet Form
- Pie Chart
- Missing Data Interpretation
- Data Interpretation Practice Questions
Marks of 7 different students are given. All the marks given are out of 100. Answer the questions based on the following data.
Q. What are the average marks in operations of all the students?
A. 72 B. 82
C. 89 D. 86
The answer is D.
Q. What is the total number of marks of Charu in all the subjects?
A. 440 B. 450
C. 460 D. 470
The answer is C.
Q. Find the percentage scored by Ganga.
A. 60 B. 62
C. 63 D. 65
The answer is D.
Q. Find the number of students who scored more than 70% in the exams.
A. 4 B. 5
C. 6 D. 7
The answer is B.