To meet their own and unique communication requirements, many companies are now customizing their email services. This helps them with an identity as well as the ease with each anyone receiving the mail can know about the sender.
There are various electronic mail management tools which are available on the internet in the form of packages that can help various managers and entrepreneurs to address multiple issues using a single click. This management tools can handle problems like excessive volumes of email to a very large attachment file.
Both of the above problems can clog your gateways. Further, they can create storage burdens for the network in the way virus, spams and many more. The searchability of the system also gets affected due to this.
So, what is the best way to tackle all these problems? These problems are regularly faced by the managers and vendors in their day to day life. The best way to go about this is by optimizing your use of your personal email.
There are experts in the fields of electronic communication that believes that many small business owners and managers can take many steps towards maximizing their efficiency of company’s email systems.
This can also help in the improvement of the business communication mediums. These tips include changing the patterns of personal email to the guidelines for the email process throughout the company.
Efficiently Using your Email
Professionally email writing has become very important. Further, the appearance of the email has also become paramount just like the content.
In the past, many business people have commented on the fact that the email messages reflects on a casual attitude towards the spelling, grammar, and the tone. All these things would have not been otherwise tolerated in regular business communication.
That is why the email users are encouraged and given the advice of maintaining the standard set of professionalism in the emails as well. This shall dictate the appearance and tone of the postal correspondence.
Thus, spelling and grammar check has become important along with the ability to frame the correspondence the communication in diplomatic language has become very important.
Many consultants also stress this importance to small business owners and advice than to follow the business protocols. They circumspect the use of emoticons, which are a set of symbol developed the users to denote the non-verbal part in the communication.
The use of these emoticons is encouraged, but there should be a flurry of these symbols. Many times the receiver might be unknown to these gestures and that makes the business communication again, inappropriate.
One solution to this is separating the personal email account with the professional one. We generally use the emoticons while emailing someone who is very close to us.
So, by making two different accounts, you make the necessary adjustments while mailing to a person. The last thing that will happen is, the personal email account will help you delineate the extracurricular stuff from the work stuff.
Steps for Effective Communication
Many times, it becomes very important to monitor email communication. Because in email communication, a whole lot is dependent on the receiver’s interpretation. Thus, drafting an email becomes very important. But so is the appearance of the email. You can set off the ground rules below to help you with more effective communication:
- Monitor the size of the distributing lists in your email addresses. Many times, a huge list can slow down your email tools and systems. Thus, you can make a list of email addresses based on their work. For example, client list, vendors list, etc.
- Establish a policy when you receive the attachment. This will you in knowing the preferences of your clients. There are many businesses where people do not like to receive the attachments unless it is very necessary. Because unnecessary attachments might make your emailing system slow and vulnerable to viruses.
- Promptly reply to emails which are very significant. We make a habit of just reading the emails and doing nothing about it over a time. But in businesses, there are many emails which are significant and requires your prompt attention. There is a chance that if you do not reply it promptly than you may never reply to that email in the future.
- Augment your email addresses so that the receiver can identify the sender even without reading the email address. One way to do is including the real name as well as the telephone number and mailing addresses as a standard set of procedure.
- Establish a practice of daily check-in out your email box. This will let you not miss any of the important emails during the day.
Solved Questions on Electronic Mail
Q. Which of the following things should be avoided in an email?
A. Wrong email addresses
C. Subject lines
Answer: A. Wrong email addresses
Q. Does the appearance in the email matter as much as the content?
Answer: A. Yes