We can say Python datatypes are collections of data items that help us classify or categorise data. Every value in Python has a data type, and every data type is a class that stores a variable (object).
In a programming language like Python, there are mainly 4 data types:
- String – It is a collection of Unicode characters (letters, numbers and symbols) that we see on a keyboard.
- Numerical – These data types store numerical values like integers, floating-point numbers and complex numbers.
- Boolean – A boolean is used when we wish to restrict data to True/False or yes/no options.
- Sequence types – These help us store ordered collection of similar or different data types. List, string, and tuples are the types of sequence data types.
Apart from the four main data types mentioned above, sets and dictionaries are data types that are unordered and non-indexed. We cannot change any item value after we define it in a dictionary or set. We also cannot access an item using an index value.
Table of content
- How do you write first code in Python?
- How do you write an infinite loop in Python?
- How do you write a matrix in python?
- What are Python namespaces why are they used?
- How do I write a Python script?
- Is while loop infinite Python?
- How do you write a 3×3 matrix in python?
- How do you create a namespace in Python?
- How do you make an infinite while loop?
- How do you create a matrix list in Python?
- What is datatype in Python?
- Which software is best for Python programming?
- Why is my FOR LOOP infinite Python?
- Which is not valid namespace in Python?
- Python Programming
- 9 Best Python IDEs and Code Editors
- Python Input-Output (I/O) Using input() and print() Function
- List of Keywords in Python Programming
- Python Keywords and Identifiers (Variable names)
- Python List Comprehension (With Examples)
- Python Looping Techniques
- Python Main Function
- Python Matrix and Introduction to NumPy
- Python Namespace and Scope of a Variable
- Python PIP
- Python Statement, Indentation, and Comments
- Python Type Conversion and Type Casting (With Examples)
- Python Variables, Constants, and Literals
- Python Data Types