Thermodynamics Class 11 CBSE Revision Notes
Thermodynamics Class 11 Notes – Chapter firstly explains the zeroth law of thermodynamics. Furthermore, this law leads to the concept of temperature. Moreover, the internal energy of a system is the sum of kinetic energies and potential energies of the molecular constituents. Also, it does not include the overall kinetic energy of the system. In addition, work and heat are two modes of energy transfer of a system. Due to the temperature difference between the system and surroundings heat energy transfer arises. Besides, work-energy transfer brought other means such as moving a cylinder’s piston which contains gas.
Most noteworthy, the chapter explains the first and second laws of thermodynamics. Furthermore, the first law of thermodynamics is the general law of conservation of energy. Also, it transfers energy from or to the surroundings. In addition, the specific heat has the capacity of a substance. Besides, a calorie is the old unit of heat. Moreover, for an ideal gas, the molar specific heat capacities at constant volume and pressure satisfy the relation. Apart from that, state variables describe the equilibrium state of a thermodynamic system. Also, the reversible and irreversible process is also explained in the chapter.
Sub-topics covered under Thermodynamics
- Introduction to Thermodynamics – This topic covers the introduction to thermodynamics, its system, boundary, and surroundings.
- Thermodynamic Processes – The topic highlights different thermodynamics processes.
- First Law of Thermodynamics – This topic describes the first law of thermodynamics and its limitations.
- Second Law of Thermodynamics – The topic explains the second law of thermodynamics and entropy.
- Reversible and Irreversible Process – This topic overviews the reversible and irreversible process.
- Carnot Engine – The topic discusses the Carnot engine principle and theorem.
- Heat Engines and Heat Pumps – This topic teaches heat engines, its efficiency, and heat pumps.
You can download CBSE Class 11 Physics Chapter 12 Thermodynamics Revision Notes by clicking on the download button below