Thermal Properties of Matter Class 11 CBSE Revision Notes
Thermal Properties of Matter Class 11 Notes – The chapter teaches that heat is a form of energy that flows between bodies. Also, it surrounds by virtue of temperature difference between them. Furthermore, the degree of hotness of a body is quantitatively represented by temperature. Moreover, the thermometer makes use of the thermometric property to measure a change in temperature. In addition, different thermometer lead to different temperature scales. Also, to construct a temperature two arbitrary values of temperature were chosen and assigned to it. Most noteworthy, Celsius and Fahrenheit scales relate to each other.
The chapter also explains the ideal gas and its equation. Furthermore, on an absolute temperature scale, the zero of the scale corresponds to the temperature where any substance in nature has the slightest possible molecular activity. Besides, heat transfer three nodes are convection, radiation, and conduction. Moreover, the chapter also states Newton’s law of cooling.
Sub-topics covered under Thermal Properties of Matter
- Calorimetry – This topic describes calorimetry and its various details.
- Change of State – The topic highlights the change of state of solid, liquid, and gas through various processes and phenomena.
- Heat Transfer – This topic overviews matter, heat, convection, radiation, heat transfer, etc.
- Ideal Gas Equation and Absolute Temperature – The topic discusses the ideal gas equation and absolute temperature.
- Newton’s Law of Cooling – This topic teaches Newton’s law of cooling and calculating the rate of heat transfer.
- Specific Heat Capacity – The topic explains specific heat, molar specific heat, and specific heat at constant pressure and volume.
- Temperature and Heat – This topic covers heat, temperature, conduction, and insulators.
- Thermal Expansion – The topic defines thermal expansion.
You can download CBSE Class 11 Physics Chapter 11 Thermal Properties of Matter Revision Notes by clicking on the download button below