The IBPS exams and other bank exams have the general awareness section where many questions are on various subjects of general interest. There are many areas that you should cover so that you can be thorough. One such area is the important venues of various summits and meets that have occurred in the past or that are going to happen in the near future. The names of these important venues and the time frame will appear as questions in many of the competitive exams. Therefore, covering this topic in depth is really important.
Going in a chronological order is one method of studying and remembering these important venues, their names and the time frame. The other method is to go through the recent current affairs and noting down the significant events that have taken place in the recent past.
Furthermore, you should also take cognizance of the venues of events that will take place in the near future. In this way, you will be covering every aspect of the topic.
Take a look at the some of the sample questions under this topic. In most cases, these questions are in the MCQ format (Multiple Choice Questions).
Browse more Topics under National Events
- Political Events
- Non-Political Events
- Important Days
- Election, Political Parties and National Terms
- Sports Events
- National Events Practice Questions
- The 1st International Conference on Sports Medicine & Sports Sciences was held in which place?
- New Delhi
Ans. Option B – New Delhi. The 1st International Conference on Sports Medicine & Sports Sciences called as SAICON 2017 was held at New Delhi. The Sports Minister Col Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurated the event.
- In the year 2020, which city in India is going to host the 36th International Geological Congress (IGC)?
- NCR New Delhi
Ans. Option A – NCR New Delhi
- Where was the 7th meeting of BRICS Trade Ministers held in August 2017?
- Rio De Janerio
Ans. Option C – Shanghai
- On May 17th, 2017, the first NITI Aayog Samavesh meeting was held in which city, under the chairmanship of?
- Delhi; Amitabh Kant
- Mumbai; Ratan P Watal
- Bhubaneshwar; Ratan P Watal
- Delhi; Amitabh Kant, Ratan P Watal
Ans. Option D – It was held at Delhi under the co-chairmanship of Amitabh Kant, CEO and Ratan P Watal, Principal Adviser, NITI Aayog.
- Bishan Narayan Dar was the President of the Indian National Congress, where, “Jana Gana Mana” was sung for the first Can you identify the place where this session was held?
Ans. Option A – Kolkata
- The eighth edition of the National Conference on e-Governance was held in which state?
- Tamil Nadu
- Madhya Pradesh
Ans. Option C – Gujarat
- The Commonwealth games 2022, will be held in which country?
- South Africa
- New Zealand
Ans. Option C – The Commonwealth games 2022 will be held at Birmingham, England.
- “North East Development Summit” was held on 21-22 November 2017. It was held at which city?
Ans. Imphal, Manipur.
- Which state government has signed a MoU with British Council on education and cultural collaboration, in April 2018?
- A 2-day conference ‘India-Pacific Islands Sustainable Development Conference’ in Suva, Fiji was hosted by which country in May 2017?
Ans. India – The Ministry of External Affairs, India, hosted the conference.
4. In 2017, the 9th BRICS summit was held in which country?