In today’s time and date, the knowledge of the current affairs is extremely important and crucial. An ideal candidate must be completely aware of the happenings around them. With that in mind, here we collect here a descriptive list of Current affairs of India – January. Let us begin with Current affairs of India – January.
Current Affairs Of India – January 2018
Part – I
1. Name the new Chief Election Commissioner of India who will replace Shri Achal Kumar Joti?
Answer: Om Prakash Rawat
2. The Government of which state has announced jobs to dependants of martyred jawans?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
4. Name the former Chief Minister of Gujarat who has been appointed as the Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
Answer: Smt. Anandiben Patel
5. Name the Indian Naval Ship, the largest ship in the Navy and the country’s only aircraft carrier of The Bihar Regiment, the No. 6 Squadron of the Indian Air Force that specializes in maritime strike operations and operates the Jaguar fighter aircraft?
Answer: INS Vikramaditya
Part – II
6. Who designed the theme of the official emblem of West Bengal, Biswa Bangla?
Answer: Mamata Banerjee
7. Which State has decided to provide 1% parallel reservation for orphans in government jobs?
Answer: Maharashtra – The reservation, termed parallel reservation, will be provided under the general category, which means the government won’t need to increase its caste reservation quota that has already reached 52%. Parallel reservation means, of the total jobs available under the general category, 1% will be for orphans.
8. A Super Moon, Blue Moon and a total lunar eclipse were observed on?
Answer: 31st January 2018
9. In which state 7th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2018 was held from 14th to 20th January 2018?
10. Who became the first Indian to win an international medal in skiing?
Answer: Aanchal Thakur – She won the Bronze medal in the slalom race category.
Part – III
11. Name the Oscar-winning music director who was appointed by the Government of Sikkim as the brand ambassador of the State?
Answer: AR Rahman
12. On which day the Anti-Leprosy Day was observed in India?
Answer: 30th January
13. The private sector bank which has become the first Indian bank to cross Rs. 5 trillion in market capitalisation at Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Answer: HDFC Bank. The bank became the third firm after Reliance Industries (RIL) and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to achieve this milestone.
14. Name the Member of Parliament who was awarded the Outstanding Parliamentarian award for the year 2017?
Answer: Bhartruhari Mahatab
15. Every year National Voters Day is celebrated on?
Answer: 25th January
Part – IV
16. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanichamy was got which award for the cultural heritage conservation activities taken up at the iconic Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangam (Tiruchy) without altering its original splendour?
Answer: Unesco Award of Merit
17. What was India’s overall rank in the Environmental Performance Index 2018 according to a biennial report by Yale and Columbia Universities along with the World Economic Forum?
Answer: 177 – It’s overall low ranking, 177 among 180 countries, was due to poor performance in the environmental health policy and deaths due to air pollution categories.
18. What is the rank of India in the list of world’s wealthiest countries of 2017 with total wealth of $8,230 billion?
Answer: Sixth – According to a report by New World Wealth, the US is the wealthiest country with the total wealth of $64,584 billion, followed by China ($24,803 billion) and Japan ($19,522 billion).
19. Name the place in Arunachal Pradesh where World War II Memorial Museum was inaugurated by Chief Minister Pema Khandu?
Answer: Jairampur – It was built by the Union Culture Ministry at the cost of Rs 2.25 crore museum in memory of those who laid down their lives in World War II.
20. Which application was launched by Ministry of Railway to track both passenger and freight trains over Zones/Divisions/Section?
Answer: Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) – The application provides features for monitoring and managing freight business using Geographic Information System (GIS) Views and Dashboard.
Part – V
21. The government of which state has launched Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana (MGSVY)?
22. Which Indian cricketer has been nominated for the Padma Bhushan award for the year 2018?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
23. The Government of which state banned manufacturing, distribution, sale, purchase, display and advertisement of electronic cigarettes?
Answer: Bihar – Online purchase of e-cigarettes has been prohibited, too.
24. Which state will host the Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters from 2nd to 4th February 2018?
25. Who was appointed as the Director General of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)?
Answer: Dilip Chenoy
26. Who has been conferred with 1st Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Award for Probity in Politics and Public Life?
Answer: Nitish Kumar
27. Name the former agricultural commissioner of India who passed away on 27th January 2018?
Answer: Dr Gurcharan Singh Kalkat – He was one of the major pioneers and veteran who powered the Green Revolution in India.
28. Who took charge as the Election Commissioner of India succeeding Om Prakash Rawat who was elevated as the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
Answer: Ashok Lavasa
29. Which Indian metropolitan city has become the first one to get a floating market?
30. The World Economic Forum has ranked India at which position on the Inclusive Development Index 2018?
Part – VI
31. The government of which state has launched Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) project to promote organic farming among farmers of the state?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
32. On which day the National Girl Child Day is observed?
Answer: 24th January
33. India’s first garbage festival Kachra Mahotsav 2018 was organised by which state?
34. Which film won the Best Film Award at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018?
Answer: Hindi Medium
35. Who won the award for Best Actor In A Leading Role (Female) at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018?
Answer: Vidya Balan for ‘Tumhari Sulu’.
36. Who won the award for Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male) at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018?
Answer: Irrfan Khan for ‘Hindi Medium’.
37. Who won the award for Best Director at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018?
Answer: Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari for ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’.
38. Who is the new Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)?
Answer: S Somanath
39. The severely-polluted Bellandur lake which caught fire recently is in which state?
40. Who was appointed as the Director-General of National Security Guard (NSG)?
Answer: Sudeep Lakhtakia
Part – VII
41. Who won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award 2016 for Bharatanatyam?
Answer: Geeta Chandran
42. Who is the chairman of the new commision Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC)?
Answer: Chandra Bhushan Paliwal
43. In which state Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated state’s first oil refinery?
44. Which country has become the first one to be connected to India’s National Knowledge Network?
Answer: Sri Lanka
45. Who has been appointed as the Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
Answer: Anandiben Patel.
46. Former Union minister Raghunath Jha passed away on 14th January 2018. He was a senior member of which political party?
Answer: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)
47. Teen Murti, the historical war memorial in India has been renamed as Teen Murti-Haifa. The city of Haifa is in which country?
49. Which Indian cricketer was the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2017?
Answer: Virat Kohli
50. In order to provide more choice to citizens authenticating using Aadhaar, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDA) has introduced a new authentication method along with fingerprints and iris. What is this method?
Answer: Face Authentication
Part – VIII
51. Which railway station on Central Railway (CR) manned by a staff of 41 women has entered the Limca Book of Records for being the first all-women railway station in India?
52. According to the World Bank, what will be India’s growth rate in the year 2018?
Answer: 7.3 percent
53. Name the creator of iconic Old Monk rum who died recently at the age of 88?
Answer: Kapil Mohan – Launched in 1954, Old Monk was for a long time the largest selling dark rum in the world.
54. Name the IPS officer who has taken charge as the new chief of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)?
55. World Champion Saksham Yadav recently passed away in a road accident. In which sporting category he had won the 2017 world championships?
56. What is the name of the third state-of-art Scorpene class submarines of the Indian Navy?
Answer: INS Karanj
57. What is the name of India’s new fastest supercomputer?
58. What is the name of an initiative by Union Sports Ministry to scout for talent at the grassroots level and provide it substantial long-term scholarship?
Answer: Khelo India
59. How many digits are there in the Virtual ID for Aadhar?
Answer: 16 (random) digits – We can generate the Virtual ID as many time as possible. And the older ID cancels automatically once we generate a fresh one.
Q 1: Who is the chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC)?
A) Chandra Bhushan Paliwal B) Smt Anandiben Patel C) Mamata Banerjee D) Om Prakash Rawat
Ans: A) Chandra Bhushan Paliwal
Q 2: Who is the Director General of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)?
A) Nitish Kumar B) Ashok Lavasa C) Dilip Chenoy D) S Somanath
Ans: C) Dilip Chenoy