The year 2018 was tough for many people. Many people saw their loved stars and idols pass away. From Sridevi to Atal Bihari Vajpayee, many famous people lost their lives. Also, there were many unfamous people that died in 2018. These people’s contribution is huge in human history but they are not known to many people. In this article, we will help you with unfamous as well famous personalities dead list in 2018 that you should remember.
Famous Personalities dead list in 2018
In the general awareness section of any aptitude exam, there are questions related to current affairs. One of the topics in this current affairs is on the deaths of famous personalities.
Browse more Topics under Current Affairs
- Banking and Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Government Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
- Economics News
- Population Census
- Recent Indian deals with other Countries
- Current Affairs Of India – January 2018
- Current Affairs Of India – February 2018
- Current Affairs Of India – March 2018
- Current Affairs Of India – April 2018
- Current Affairs Of The World
- Important MOUs 2015
- Important MOUs 2016
- Important MOUs 2017
- Important MOUs 2018
- Current Affairs Practice Questions
Manohar Parrikar, CM of Goa passed away at 63
Despite being ill and suffering from Cancer, Manohar Parrikar continued to serve his post from his private residence. It was in early February of 2018 that he was diagnosed with cancer and was treated at various hospitals for the same. He died on March 18, 2019, after a long fight with cancer.
Learn Current Affairs here.
Krishna Sobti a renowned Hindi author passed away
On January 25, 2019, a renowned Hindi author Krishna Sobti passed away in New Delhi. She was primarily known for her contributions in issues like female sexuality and identity. Also, for this, she was offered a Padma Bhushan in 2010. Although she declined the award gradually.
For her illness, she was in the hospital for the last months. Krishna Sobti used to write under the pen name of Hashmat and published the famous Hum Hashmat. This was a compilation of various pen portraits of her friends and writers.
Dynamic Bollywood actor Kader Khan died
Kadar Khan was a famous Bollywood actor in 1990s and 2000s. He was known for his various roles in comedy movies. He acted in more than 250 Urdu and Hindi movies. Besides being a Bollywood actor, Kadar Khan was also a prolific writer.
Kadar Khan died on January 1, 2019, after a prolonged illness in Toronto, Canada. He started his career as an actor in 1973 and had a career for more than 35 years. Besides acting, he also wrote for more than 250 films in Urdu and Hindi.
George H.W. Bush, the former president of the USA dies away
There were many landmark decisions under the rule of George H.W. Bush in 1990s. He initiated the Madrid peace conference in 1991. This conference is responsible for bringing Arab neighbors and Israel together for the first time.
He died at the age of 94 on November 30, 2018. The former president, Bush was suffering from Parkinson’s disease. This forced him to use a wheelchair in his recent years.
List of Deaths of Famous Personalities
- Bollywood actress Rita Bhaduri died on July 17 at an age of 62.
- The famous litterateur, Chandrashekhar Rath died on February 9, at the age of 89.
- Famous female filmmaker, Parbati Ghose, died at an age of 84 on February 11.
- RK Dhawan who was a former secretary for Indira Gandhi died on August 6 at 81 years of age.
- Anant Bajaj who was the director of Bajaj electricals limited died on August 10 at an age of 41.
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker, Somnath Chatterjee, died at 89 on August 13th.
- Former UN secretary general Kofi Annan died on August 18 at an age of 80.
Practice Questions on Famous Personalities
Q. Which former Indian president and the famous scientist had a bacteria name after him?
A. Ram Nath Kovind
B. Pratibha Patil
C. Rajendra Prasad
D. APJ Abdul Kalam
Answer: D. APJ Abdul Kalam
Q. Which famous Bollywood actress passed away in 2018?
B. Jaya Bhaduri
C. Hema Malini
Answer: A. Sridevi