A lot of things happened in the month of April this year. Candidates should expect a fair amount of questions from this section. To make it easier for you, we will split the section into many sections. Each section contains a few questions and events and shall make it easier for you to memorize and recall them. Let us see current affairs of India April.
Current Affairs Of India – April 2018
1. Name the eminent Gujarati poet who was chosen for 2017 Saraswati Samman, awarded by KK Birla Foundation?
Answer: Sitanshu Yashaschandra – He was given the prestigious award for his poetry collection ‘Vakhar’.
2. Who is India’s longest serving Chief Minister?
Answer: Pawan Kumar Chamling – He became the chief minister of Sikkim on December 12, 1994 and recently completed 25 years of uninterrupted service in office.
3. Name the northeastern state from which the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) was completely removed after 27 years?
4. Which missile was successfully test-fired from the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas?
Answer: Israeli Derby Airto-Air BVR missile.
5. Who has become the first woman lawyer to be directly appointed as the Supreme Court Judge?
Answer: Indu Malhotra.
6. The Union Home Ministry has decided to relax the 6 decades old Protected Area Permit regime in certain north-eastern states. Which state is still a protected area and is not included in the exemption?
7. Which Union Ministry has recently launched Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0?
Answer: Human Resource Development Ministry.
8. Which Indian city has become first to run on 100% Renewable Energy during daytime?
9. In which state Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh.
10. Which city hosted the 2018 Secure India Conclave?
Answer: New Delhi.
11. 2018 National Panchayati Raj Day (NPRD) is celebrated in India on?
Answer: 24th April.
12. What is the theme of the 29th Road Safety Week?
Answer: Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha.
13. Who promulgated the ordinance to provide death penalty to rapists of girls below 12 years?
Answer: President of India, Ram Nath Kovind.
14. Which Information Technology (IT) company became the first listed Indian IT firm to hit USD 100 billion market capitalization mark?
Answer: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
15. As per International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) report, what will be India’s growth rate for the year 2019?
Answer: 7.8 percent
16. Against which top Government official, the opposition parties of Indian Parliament submitted a motion to impeach him?
Answer: Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra.
17. Chief Minister of which state has launched the Pocket Cop Project in order to ensure that the police force of the state is equipped with modern day technology?
Answer: Gujarat – Under the project, every officer in charge of the police station, Investigating Officer, PCR van and officials handling the passport verification process shall be equipped with a smartphone enabled with internet connectivity.
18. Who was conferred with the 2017 Dadasaheb Phalke Award posthumously?
Answer: Vinod Khanna
19. Which Indian actress got featured in the Time’s ‘100 Most Influential People’ of 2018?
Answer: Deepika Padukone.
20. According to ASSOCHAM Healthcare Committee report, in which state 88 percent of the people have Vitamin D deficiency that causes chronic muscle pain, spasms, lower energy levels, depression, etc.?
21. Who was conferred with the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award 2018 for the Best Leading Lady (Critics Award)?
Answer: Aditi Rao Hydari
22. How many gold medals did India win at the recently concluded Commonwealth Games 2018?
Answer: Twenty Six (26).
23. What was the position of India at the recently concluded Commonwealth Games 2018?
24. Who became the youngest Indian to win a gold medal in the Commonwealth Games 2018?
Answer: Anish Bhanwala.
25. Civil Services Day is observed every year on?
Answer: 21st April.
26. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Bank Board Bureau for two years replacing Vinod Rai?
Answer: Bhanu Pratap Sharma
27. Which film won the award in the Best Hindi language film category at the 65th National Film Awards?
28. Who was awarded with the Best Actress award in feature films at the 65th National Film Awards?
29. Who was appointed as the new Chairman of NASSCOM for the year 2018-19?
Answer: Rishad Premji
30. Name the former Managing Director of Intel South Asia who has been appointed as the new President of NASSCOM?
Answer: Debjani Ghosh – She is the first woman President of NASSCOM.
31. Which IIT institute installed India’s first 5G radio laboratory?
Answer: IIT-Delhi – It will help curb the emittance of radiation harmful to our health and will also allow less radio interference for better communication.
32. Who was re-appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bandhan Bank?
Answer: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
33. Who became the only second Indian after legendary Milkha Singh to qualify for 400m finals in Commonwealth Games 2018?
Answer: Mohammad Anas.
34. Which navigation satellite was launched by ISRO recently?
35. Which state government has come up with Water ATM Policy to provide clean drinking water to people in public places in cities?
36. In which state, India’s first high-speed electric locomotive was launched?
37. When was the GST E-way Bill rolled-out in India for the interstate transport of goods in India?
Answer: 1st April 2018
38. The committee formed by Government of India to examine the process by which the CBSE conducts examinations is headed by?
Answer: V S Oberoi
39. Which Indian cricketer was honoured with the Padma Bhushan award in the 2018 ceremony?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
40. Who was the flag bearer of the Indian contingent at the Commonwealth Games 2018?
Answer: PV Sindhu.
41. With which private sector bank the Indian army has signed a MoU on Defence Salary Package?
Answer: HDFC Bank
42. Name the Virtual Assistant for banks that was recently launched by SIDBI on its foundation day?
43. What is the name of social media based remittance service launched by ICICI Bank for NRIs to transfer money using social media platforms?
Answer: Social Pay.
44. Name the mobile app launched by the Minister of Coal Shri Piyush Goyal for coal quality monitoring?
Answer: UTTAM (Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal). The app aims to help all citizens and coal consumers in monitoring the process of Third Party Sampling of coal across CIL subsidiaries.
45. Which state won the 2018 Santosh Trophy by defeating West Bengal in the final held at Salt Lake stadium, Kolkata?
46. Which chicken breed from Madhya Pradesh recently got the Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
Answer: Kadaknath – The chicken breed is in demand not only because of its taste but also due to its low cholesterol and high protein content. It sells at around Rs 500 per kg, which is around five times the price of normal broiler chicken.
47. Which Indian State announced that cancer patients would be provided free chemotherapy treatment at district hospitals from June 2018 in 10 districts in the first phase?
Answer: Maharashtra – The plan will start with hospitals in Nagpur, Gadchiroli, Pune, Amravati, Jalgaon, Nashik, Wardha, Satara, Bhandara and Akola.
48. Name the Indian badminton player who was ranked No. 1 position by the World Badminton Federation?
Answer: Kidambi Srikanth – He thus, became only the second Indian after Saina Nehwal to achieve this feat.
49. Name the Indian tennis player who has become the most successful doubles player in the history of Davis Cup?
Answer: Leander Paes – He recorded his 43rd win by pairing with Rohan Bopanna against China.
50. In which city, Euro-VI grade petrol and diesel was introduced for the first time?
51. Name the project launched by Department of Posts for total digitisation of postal operations in the country?
Answer: DARPAN (Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for a New India)
52. Name the company which has signed a MoU with Ministry of Tourism to adopt Red Fort and Gandikota Fort for a period of 5 years at a cost of Rs 25 crores?
Answer: Dalmia Bharat.
53. What was the theme of National Maritime Day which was observed on 05 April 2018?
Answer: Indian Shipping – An Ocean of Opportunity.
Q 1: Kadaknath is:
A) The CM of Uttar Pradesh.
B) The first person to climb Mount Everest.
C) The name of the first professional bodybuilder of India.
D) A kind of chicken from MP.
Ans: D) A kind of chicken from MP.
Q 2: Civil Services Day is observed every year on?
A) 1st Jan B) 1st Feb C) 21st June D) 21st April
Answer: D) 21st April.