A lot of interesting and wonderful events happened in the month of March this year. We have formed a complete list of the current events of March in the below section. To make it easier for you, we will split the section into many sections. Each section contains a few questions and events and shall make it easier for you to memorize and recall them. Let us begin with current affairs of India March.
Current Affairs Of India – March 2018
1. Name India’s latest communication satellite which was successfully launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) using the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F08) from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer: GSAT-6A: The satellite will provide a platform for developing technologies such as demonstration of 6m S-Band Unfurlable Antenna, handheld ground terminals and network management techniques. These are useful in satellite-based mobile communication applications.
2. Name the Bollywood director who has been appointed as the new Chairman of the central panel of 65th National Film Awards?
Answer: Shekhar Kapur
3. Who took charge as the Director General Border Roads (DGBR)?
Answer: Lt Gen Harpal Singh.
4. Name the debt-ridden airline in respect of which the Union Government has decided to divest 76 percent stake?
Answer: Air India – The carrier has been running on taxpayers’ money, failing to profits in more than a decade. By the end of 2016-17, the airline had a debt of nearly 49,000 crores.
5. In the wake of increasing crimes against women State Government of which state has launched ‘181-Sakhi’, a toll-free helpline number for women?
6. Which state launched India’s first Insect Museum?
Answer: Tamil Nadu – The museum displays insects as preserved specimens and models on their behavior, habits and habitat.
7. Based on published data of how many indicators, the NITI Aayog launched the baseline ranking for the Aspirational Districts across five developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
Answer: 49 indicators – The ranking was released by Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog.
8. The Department of Posts launched Cool EMS Service between India and which country?
9. Which ministry tied-up with Skill India to support Saubhagya Scheme?
Answer: Ministry of Power.
10. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the Union Government’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (ABNHPM)?
Answer: Indu Bhushan – The scheme has the benefits cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The target beneficiaries of the proposed scheme are 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable section.
11. Who was appointed as the Principal Scientific Advisor to Union Government?
Answer: Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan.
12. In which city Videsh Aaya Pradesh ke Dwaar initiative was launched by the External Publicity and Public Diplomacy Division of the Ministry of External Affairs?
13. World’s longest sandstone cave named Krem Puri with the length of 24.5 km, almost three times that of Mt Everest, was discovered in which state?
14. With which public sector company ISRO has tied up with for the production of space- grade lithium-ion cells?
Answer: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
15. Which authority termed interference by Khap Panchayat in marriages as ‘absolutely illegal’?
Answer: Supreme Court
16. The Union Government has declared 2018 as the National Year of ______.
17. The government of which state observed the martyrdom day of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru as ‘Youth Empowerment Day’?
18. Kochon Prize is given annually for contribution to ending which disease?
19. Madhya Pradesh has won the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for a black-feathered chicken breed known for its flavourful meat and found mainly in the tribal district of Jhabua. What is the name of this breed?
20. Name the former Karnataka High Court judge who has been appointed the new acting chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
Answer: Justice Jawad Rahim.
21. Which Indian naval warship was decommissioned on March 23, 2018?
Answer: INS Ganga
22. Name the former Director of The National Centre for Biological Sciences who has been appointed Principal Scientific Advisor to the Indian Government succeeding nuclear physicist R. Chidambaram?
Answer: K Vijay Raghavan.
23. Which fruit has been declared as the official fruit of Kerala?
Answer: Jackfruit – The aim is to promote this fruit as a brand in markets across the country and abroad, showcasing its organic and nutritious qualities.
24. Name the eminent Hindi poet and Jnanpith awardee who passed away at the age of 84?
Answer: Kedarnath Singh
25. Name the Indian sportsperson who has been chosen to be India’s flag-bearer for the opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games 2018?
Answer: PV Sindhu
26. In which country President Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the World Hindi Secretariat?
27. Which team won the Deodhar Trophy 2018 defeating Karnataka in the final held at Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh?
Answer: India B
28. Which team won the Irani Trophy cricket championship defeating Rest of India in the finals at Nagpur?
29. The BJP leader who sworn in as the 10th Chief Minister of Tripura?
Answer: Biplab Kumar Deb
30. Name the Union Territory which has become first in the country to run completely on solar power?
31. Name the reputed Indian architect, known for designing iconic buildings such as Amdavad ni Gufa and IIM Bangalore, who has become the first-ever Indian to win the Pritzker Prize?
Answer: Balkrishna Doshi.
32. Name the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry who has been given the additional charge of the Ministry of Civil Aviation following the resignation of Ashok Gajapathi Raju?
Answer: Suresh Prabhu.
33. In respect of which disease, the Union Health Ministry has made mandatory for Doctors, retail chemists and pharmacists to notify every patient affected by the disease to their local public health authorities?
34. With which international body India signed a cooperation agreement related to sharing of earth observation satellite data?
Answer: European Commission.
35. Name the National People’s Party President who sworn in as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya?
Answer: Conrad Sangma
36. Name the National Democratic Progressive Party leader who sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland?
Answer: Neiphiu Rio.
37. Who won the Nidahas T20 tri-series cricket tournament 2018?
Answer: India – The tri-series tournament was between India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
38. 105th Indian Science Congress 2018 was at?
39. Assembly of which state passed a bill proposing death penalty in rape cases of girls below the age of 12?
40. The government of which state has notified its decision to recommend the grant of minority religion status to the Lingayat community in the state subject to approval by the Union Government?
Q 1: Which ministry tied-up with Skill India to support Saubhagya Scheme?
A) Ministry of Electricity B) Ministry of Internal Affairs C) Home Ministry D) Ministry of Power.
Ans: D) Ministry of Power.
Q 2: Who is the Principal Scientific Advisor to Union Government?
A) APJ Abul Kalam B) S Ramaswamy C) C Chandapillai D) Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan.
Ans: D) Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan.