In this article, we will cover all the topics under Physics from Class 9 to Class 12. Physics is one of the most important subjects. Not only for lower classes but also for higher classes. Concepts of Physics also helps you to clear many entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, etc. Follow the links below to learn each and every concept of Physics with video lectures.
CBSE Class 8 Physics Syllabus
In Class 8 Physics you will have 7 different units.
The first unit is Chemical effect of Electric current. In this chapter, you will learn about electroplating and the chemical changes that occur when electricity flows the liquid. You will also learn its applications. Second is Force and Pressure, in this chapter, you will learn about different types of forces, its effects, and we will also introduce pressure.
The third chapter is Friction. Friction is something which helps us in walking and running. In this chapter, you will learn about the frictional force and its effects. Next chapter is Light. In this chapter, we will learn about the Reflection of Light, Optical instruments and Human Eye.
The fifth chapter covers Earthquakes, Lighting and some more natural phenomena. Next, we will learn about Human Ear, echo, transmission and characteristics of sound. In last chapter, we will go to infinity and beyond. We will learn about the Stars, moons, and the Solar system.
Learn all these topics from the links below with Video Lectures.
- Chemical Effect of Electric Current
- Force and Pressure
- Some Natural Phenomena
- Stars and the Solar System
CBSE Class 9 Physics Syllabus
In Class 9 Physics, we have 5 chapters.
The first 2 chapters will be covering Newtons inventions – Force and Newtons Laws of Motions and Gravitational force. These two chapters are very important for further studies as well.
Next chapter is Motion and its parameters. We will also the graphical presentation of Motion, uniform circular motion, etc. The fourth chapter is about Sound. In Sound, you will learn about Human Ear, Echo, production and propagation of sound.
The last chapter is Work and energy where you will learn about different types of energy, introduction to work and power. Click on the following links to learn about these topics with video lectures.
- Force and Laws of Motion
- Work and Energy
CBSE Class 10 Physics Syllabus
Class 10 Physics covers 5 Chapters. The first chapter is about Electricity which covers Ohms Law and resistance, the heating effect of electric current, circuit diagrams, and more. Second chapter is about Human Eye and its Colourful World, in which you will learn about vision what more can human eyes can do.
After learning about vision, it is important to know about Light. In the third chapter, you will learn about Reflection and refraction. In the fourth chapter, we will learn about Magnetic effects of electric current and sources of energy in the last chapter.
- Human Eye and Colourful World
- Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Sources of Energy
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus
There are 15 chapters in Class 11 Physics. From Motion to Power, we have covered all the topics. The first chapter will polish the concept of Gravitation you learn in previous Class. Then we will start with the Kinetic theory and Laws of Motion.
Fourth and fifth chapters will cover Mechanical properties of Solid and liquid like stress, strain, elasticity, surface tension, viscosity and more. In the next chapters, we will learn about the Oscillations, scope of Physics and Rotational Dynamics. Rotational Dynamics cover a lot of topics like Moment of inertia, a centre of mass, angular velocity, angular acceleration and more.
In the last chapters, we will learn about heat transfer, calorimetry, Newton’s law of cooling, etc. We will also introduce some laws of thermodynamics and Carnot engine. Next, we will see, units, measurement, work, energy, and power!
- Kinetic Theory
- Laws of Motion
- Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Motion in a Plane
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Physical World
- System of Particles and Rotational Dynamics
- Introduction to Rotational Dynamics
- Vector Product of Two Vectors
- Centre of Mass
- Motion of Centre of Mass
- Moment of Inertia
- Theorems of Parallel and Perpendicular Axis
- Rolling Motion
- Angular Velocity and Angular Acceleration
- Linear Momentum of System of Particles
- Torque and Angular Momentum
- Equilibrium of a Rigid Body
- Angular Momentum in Case of Rotation About a Fixed Axis
- Dynamics of Rotational Motion About a Fixed Axis
- Kinematics of Rotation Motion about a Fixed Axis
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Units and Measurement
- Work, Energy, and Power
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus
In Class 12 Physics, you will have 15 Chapters. First 3 Chapters will be about Alternating current, Atoms and Communication systems. In these chapters, you will learn about AC Voltage, Transformers, LC Oscillations, Bohr atomic model, electromagnetic waves, amplitude modulation, basic communications systems and more.
Next 3 Chapters will be covering Electricity in which you will get to learn about Gauss Law, Electric field, flux, Einstein’s photoelectric equation and more about Electricity.
Next 5 chapters you will learn about Magnetism and electromagnetic induction. We will introduce electromagnetic waves, the electromagnetic spectrum, and displacement current.
In the last chapters, we will be covering Nuclei, semiconductor materials like a diode, transistor, etc. and Wave optics.
- Alternating Current
- Communication Systems
- Current Electricity
- Electric Current
- Ohm’s Law
- Electrical Energy and Power
- Resistivity of Various Materials
- Temperature Dependence of Resistivity
- Drift of Electrons and the Origin of Resistivity
- Combination of Resistors – Series and Parallel
- Atmospheric Electricity and Kirchhoff’s Law
- Wheatstone Bridge, Meter Bridge and Potentiometer
- Cells, EMF, Internal Resistance
- Cells in Series and Parallel
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electric Charges and Fields
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Magnetism and Matter
- Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits
- Classification of Metals, Conductors and Semiconductors
- Intrinsic Semiconductor
- Extrinsic Semiconductor
- p-n Junction
- Special Purpose p-n Junction Diode
- Semiconductor Diode
- Digital Electronics and Logic Gates
- Junction Transistor – Structure and Action
- Junction Transistor – Circuit Configurations and Characteristics
- Junction Transistor as a Device
- Junction Transistor as a Feedback Amplifier and Transistor Oscillator
- Application of Junction Diode as a Rectifier
- Wave Optics
NCERT Solutions for Physics
List of Physics Formulas
- Wave Speed Formula
- Amplitude Formula
- Magnetic Field Strength Formula
- Flow Rate Formula
- Inductance Formula
- Newton’s Law of Cooling Formula
- Refractive Index Formula
- Resistivity Formula
- Stress Formula
- Time Dilation Formula
- Wavelength Formula
- Electric Potential Formula
- Strain Formula
- Electrical Formulas
- Brewsters Law
- Friction Formula
- Electric Power Formula
- Centripetal Acceleration Formula
- Angular Acceleration Formula
- Distance Formula Physics
- Trajectory Formula
- Specific Heat Formula
- Specific Gravity Formula
- Kirchhoffs Junction Rule Formula
- Gravity Formula
- Efficiency Formula
- Coulombs Law Formula
- Weight Formula
- Impulse Formula
- Cone Formula
- Capacitance Formula
- Average Velocity Formula
- Wave Formula
- Momentum Formula
- Force Formula
- Kinetic Energy Formula
- Horizontal Range Formula
- Angular Velocity Formula
- Cylinder Formula
- Displacement Formula
- Thermal Energy Formula
- Angular Momentum Formula
- Half Life Formula
- Frequency Formula
- Average Speed Formula
- Torque Formula
- Pressure Formula
- Potential Energy Formula
- Work Formula
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Formula
- Reynolds Number Formula
- Power Formula
- Velocity Formula
- Density Formula
- Acceleration Formula
- Pendulum Formula